Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calibrate my joystick, AGAIN!?!

Here's a strange thng for you...

When playing Freespace 2 I always have to re-calibrate my joystick (Cyborg 3D USB from Saitek). I think this occurs whenever I restart the system. Im not sure if this applies for other games cause this is the only joystick-game I played in a while.

There are no drivers for this joystick since its USB (I think).

Any Ideas?

/Kristian

------------------
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Striving for perfection
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Striving for perfection

I ussaly calibrate a joysitck everytime i start the computer too. No big deal with these digital joysticks...

Comment

I had one of those sticks, and it was always screwin up. It was constantly out of calibration and not working right. I finally had to take it back. I got a Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D. It works fine.

------------------
      AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

descent 1 and 2 always complained about that with me, also.
        New j-stick solved that.
        Now, switching between ms-3d-pro and v3 steering wheel doesnt help me with calibration,either. I built an a-b box from an old parallel port a-b box to switch devices.
        abit kt7-raid athlon 1ghz quantum 20.4gb - 7200 + wd 200bb - 7200 rpm UDMA100-
        g400 max-
        256MB pc133 sdram - sblive value 3.0 - 4 Boston Acoustics A40's - 3com 3c905b-tx - cable access - winME
        dx7.?- V3 steering wheel/pedals - MS sidewinder PRO
        Kensiko (Netpointe) scrolling mouse

Comment

I got a mail from Saitek, stating it was due to flaws in Direct X 7. The told me to update to DX7a and that made the problems go away!

Goodie

Kristian

------------------
          - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Striving for perfection
          - - - - - - - - - - - -
          Striving for perfection

Comment

Kristian, have you noticed any slowdowns using DX7a? Alot of people have reported that, so I have stayed away from it. DX7 seems fine but when you upgrade to DX7a it gets slower.

------------------
            AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Nah, not really

There seems to be no major slowdowns...I havent made any 3d marks yet but...

Kristian

------------------
              - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Striving for perfection
              - - - - - - - - - - - -
              Striving for perfection

Comment

Most Joysticks have this problem. The solution is to open the controller's base and give the potentiometers a good dash of pot-spray ;-) or regular CRC 5-56. Calibrate yor stick once and forget it!
                This is a rather simple operation, well worth spending an hour on.
                Good Luck.

e

Comment

Working...
                X