Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie reboots & remakes

Just a few to get started;

ReBoot: Rainmaker Animation announced last year a trilogy of theatrical films with the first slated for 2010. Based on the Canadian animated series.

T. J. Hooker: yes, you read that right. It'll be rebooted as an action comedy written by the team that made Tremors.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer: rebooted as a remake of the theatrical film. No word if Joss Whedon (who made the TV series) will be involved, yet.

Commando: the Governator flick is to be remade with Dwayne Johnson, The Rock, starring.

Jonny Quest: yet another TV to movie translation. Zac Efron (rumored) as teenage Jonny, Dwayne Johnson as Race Bannon.

Alien: Ridley Scott is rebooting the franchise with a new Ripley. Carl Rinsch directing; Ridley & Tony Scoot and Michael Costigan producing.

Ghostbusters: the original team will be in the film as mentors for a new batch of ghostbusters.

Beverly Hills Cop: director Brett Ratner is promising a "hard R" cop action flick. The writing will be done by the team that did Wanted. God Knows who they could get to replace real Detroit homicide cop (city councilman & mayoral candidate too) Gil Hill as Axel's boss. That was no act, just Gil Hill playing himself as the crusty cop he really was.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 July 2009, 20:09.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Commando: the Governator flick is to be remade with Dwayne Johnson, The Rock, starring.
    This movie is one of my guilty pleasures... though now I have a much different perspective on a few things now:

1: Rae Dawn Chong is still pretty hot - proving that some roses never fade.
    2: Alyssa Milano went from cute little girl to Smokin' Hot Woman - and that messes with me.
    3: Arnold Schwarzenegger has a much more even tan these days.
    4: David Patrick Kelly (Who played the toadie, Sully) is one hell of a versatile actor: check him out in "Last Man Standing", "KPax" and "Flags of Our Fathers".

I find it difficult to ever visualize the notion of Arnold being replaced as Colonel Matrix. Still, Dwayne has the potential to change my mind.
    Last edited by MultimediaMan; 15 July 2009, 01:28.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
    X