Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone question

Hello,

A quick question: if you buy an iPhone in an Apple store, is the phone sim-locked? (I'm thinking of buying on in Warsaw)

Does it carry an international warranty (i.e. if I have a problem, can I have it fixed under warranty in a Belgian store, or must it be in Poland)?

The warranty mentions first
    "FOR CONSUMERS, WHO ARE COVERED BY CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN THEIR COUNTRY OF PURCHASE OR, IF DIFFERENT, THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, THE BENEFITS CONFERRED BY THIS WARRANTY ARE IN ADDITION TO ALL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES CONVEYED BY SUCH CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS AND REGULATIONS"
    (sorry about the capitals, was copied), but also
    "Apple may restrict service to the country where Apple or its authorized distributors originally sold the hardware product, and provide warranty service (i) at an Apple Retail or AASP location, where service is performed at the location, or the Apple Retail or AASP may send the product to an Apple repair service location for service, (ii) by sending you prepaid way bills (and if you no longer have the original packaging, Apple may send you packaging material) to enable you to ship the product to Apple’s repair service location for service, or (iii) by sending you new or refurbished customer-installable replacement product or parts to enable you to service or exchange your own product (“DIY Service”)."
    I'll first compare prices, but the iPhone in Belgium is € 575 for the 16 GB version, and € 675 for the 32 GB version); now to see what it costs here...

Thanks!

Jörg
    Last edited by VJ; 13 July 2009, 03:01.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

It looks like it is also simlocked here...
    In the store, no mention of prices without subscriptions are present, and every image of the iPhone has a provider logo present...
    (I know unlocking is possible, but I dread doing such things... )

Guess I'll have to buy it back home...
    Last edited by VJ; 14 July 2009, 01:52.
    pixar

Comment

Buy it in Warszaw, unlock it, screw the contract after you return to Belgium. The costs of not paying the contract is significantly less to provider than the costs of delivering legal papers and bothering you when you return to Belgium.

One of my friends here drives a car with Belgian licence plates and he never gets any parking tickets .

Comment

Not SIM locked here in New Zealand..
        paulw

Comment

UtwigMU: yes, it is an option, but I just don't feel comfortable with something like that...
          paulw: Hehe... a bit far for me though...
          pixar

Comment

Working...
          X