Actor Karl Malden dead @97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor Karl Malden dead @97

Another totally class act gone. What a great talent - we probably have 20 of his films in our DVD collection and he was great in every damned one of them - lead role or supporting.

Most would know him as the lead detective Lt. Mike Stone, partner of Michael Douglas in 1972's classic cop show "The Streets Of San Francisco" - a role that got him 4 Emmy nominations.

In movies he won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his 1951 role in "A Streetcar Named Desire" and was nominated again in 1954's "On The Waterfront". He also won a Supporting Actor Emmy for his role in the 1984 miniseries "Fatal Vision".

Another notable role was his turn as Gen. Omar Bradley in "Patton"

LA Times article....

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 July 2009, 17:21.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Will miss him. RIP
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

His finest job was acting as Omar Bradley in Patton: he fit Bradley's "practical soldier" persona very well and played a wonderful foil to George C. Scott's Patton.
      Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

RIP.
        Time to look thru his filmography and see what films i've missed...
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

The most famous schnozz since Durante. If it's true that your nose is one of those things that keeps growing throughout your life, then what must Mauldin's have looked like at the end?

Damned fine actor. RIP

Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X