Abit BE6 running 140 FSB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit BE6 running 140 FSB

Okay guys need some help getting my system running at 140 FSB with my G400 card. I know some who has even run this card at 100mhz AGP so I know that the card can support the speed. The current components I have also runs stable at 140 FSB with default voltage for PIII 450. Windows is stable only hangs in games especially UT. What could be causing this ? Don't think heat is a problem since the system is below 40C.

Memory stability is crucial..

Not many sticks of PC100 memory will cut it at anything higher than 129...

If you want higher, you'll probably need to have PC133 from either crucial or the HSDRAM variety from pc133memory.com.

If you have PC133 memory, try lowering the cas to 3, and leave the ras at 3 in the CMOS.

most pc133 cannot handle cas2 at higher than 133.

Good luck, and if this doesn't help, please give us a complete run-down on components, and CMOS settings that are applicable to the OC'ing...

Guyver
    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
    - 6.1 Digital Audio
    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
    - LS120 IDE Floppy
    - Zip 100 IDE
    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
    - NEC FE950
    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

What do you mean when you say "this" card? Unless it's physically the same card, it may be the video card. Some overclock better than others, that's just a fact of life. Also, maybe your motherboard is just to noisy to do 93MHz AGP reliably.

However, Guyver's advice is more important.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Okay here is the list of my components.

The system is currently running at 133 FSB with default voltage for PIII 450 and at CAS 2 for almost 3 months without any problems. Trying to get it to 140 FSB.

Abit BE6 with PL bios and 1.21 HPT bios
        PIII 450 SL37C
        128MB PC100
        Matrox G400
        SB Live pci furthest from AGP

IDE 1 Empty
        IDE 2 CDROM
        IDE 3 8 GB Quantum (Master)
        13 GB Quantum (Slave)
        IDE 4 HP 8200i CDRW

Current bios setting is for CPU Soft Menu
        -Ext. Clock (PCI) : 133Mhz (1/4)
        -Multiplier Factor : x4.5
        -SEL100/66# Signal : Low
        -AGPCLK/CPUCLK : 2/3
        -L2 Cache Latency : Default
        -Speed Error Hold : Disabled
        -CPU Power Supply : CPU Default
        -Core Voltage : 2.00v

The sytems passes post and boots windows at 140 FSB and cas 3 and no hangs or BSoD in windows. But when I try to play UT it always hangs but the sound for the game keeps going on. So does this mean that the ram and cpu can hit 140 FSB easily but something is not stable enough to run at 140 ? The sblive or the g400 ? Or something else ? Could power supply effect stability ?

This is all that I can remember at the moment. If any more details is required I will post them later.

Thanks to all who is trying to help.

[This message has been edited by yolk (edited 28 January 2000).]

Comment

Working...
        X