Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Mays "The King of the Infomercials" Dead at 50...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Mays "The King of the Infomercials" Dead at 50...

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

He was funny to watch... got himself into trouble once or twice with Trademark violations, but overall, ran a nice trade.

Too Bad "Shamwow" Vince didn't go ahead of him.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

That US Airways rough landing (blown tires) @ Tampa yesterday caused some passenger injuries and it's not known if this was a delayed effect (slow subdural bleed etc.) or unrelated. Most likely at his age would be a heart attack or stroke, but only an autopsy will tell.

May's statement regarding the hard landing @ Tampa -

"All of a sudden as we hit you know it was just the hardest hit, all the things from the ceiling started dropping," MyFox Tampa Bay quoted him as saying. "It hit me on the head, but I got a hard head."

so, the possibility of a closed head injury is much higher with a confirmed impact. Depending on where you get it the impact doesn't have to be that hard.

Could be a similar situation to the death of Natasha Richardson.

I enjoyed watching Billy as he was a throwback to the pitchmen of the past, and his show "Pitchmen" was very entertaining.

GodSpeed Billy....may the wind be at your back.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 28 June 2009, 12:21.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

The Shamwow guy actually got arrested for beating a prostitute

Sheesh!!

Comment

The autopsy showed no subdural, but he did have cardiomyopathy...most likely he threw an arrhythmia and that did him in. Cardiomyopathy can be the result of many systemic diseases including coronary artery disease and diabetes.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 June 2009, 15:18.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X