• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson dead @50

Cardiac arrest.....

link....

BREAKING NEWS: CBS News confirms Michael Jackson dies

More bad news this week. After Ed McMahon and Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson allegedly suffered cardiac arrest. Published reports are claiming he collapsed in his Holmby Hills mansion at about 12:25pm PST. He was taken to UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. According to E!:

His immediate condition is unknown.

Michael’s father, Joe Jackson, says he had been alerted to the emergency but didn’t have any additional details.

“I am in Las Vegas, but yes, people in Los Angeles called me and are with Michael and tell me he was taken to the hospital,” the elder Jackson tells E! News. “His mother is on her way to the hospital now to check in on him.

“I am not sure what’s wrong. I am waiting to hear back from them.”

CNN is reporting Jackson was administrated CPR in the ambulance.

Michael Jackson was preparing for 50 sold-out shows overseas and rehearsing in California. Jackson was only 10 years old when he and his brothers, The Jackson 5, signed with Motown in 1968. Michael and his brothers would become one of the biggest groups of all time with Michael as solo artist becoming the biggest pop star in the world. Throughout controversy and scandal, no one could ever take away Michael’s title as the King of Pop.

Michael has allegedly been plagued with health problems for years — Lupus, Vitiligo and an addiction to pain killers.

6:31 pm UPDATE: CBS News confirmed the pop icon and Gary, Indiana native, Michael Jackson, died at 50 years-old.

Michael Jackson will be deeply missed by fans and the BET family.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 June 2009, 15:53.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Yup.
    Ma just informed me.
    Whatever, He was a great composer and singer.
    RIP.
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Doctors have ruled out moonlight, sunshine and goodtimes as the cause of death.

RIP

Comment

I'll remember his good years,

RIP
        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Awww... did the widdy biddy pedophile kick the bucket?
          Too f***ing bad.

PS "Cardiac Arrest": if it's that simple I'll eat my hat.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Don't hold back chuck, tell us exactly how you feel, LOL
            Atleast you had the cojones to say what alot of us were thinking.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Made me sick watching the news tonight, so much coverage given to a sick child molester, treating him like just because he made some popular music, it was OK for him to do the things he did.

Granted, he was robbed of his childhood...but that does not excuse all his wrongs.

The freak is dead, and the world is a better place for it.
              Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Good riddance!
                Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                  Good riddance!
                  Yup.

Ther are not a lot of people I would like to see gone.
                  But since Saddam hung, nobody's death has pleased me more.

It's a shame that a good, caring woman like Farrah dies with barely a footnote just because she had the misfortune of passing away the same day as a more famous pedophile.

RIP Farrah.
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I'll be honest, the Thriller album was the first thing I ever bought on lay-away about the age of 10. I remember the Jackson who was black, and wasn't buying new heads for himself and his family for christmas.

But that MJ passed many moons ago. The MJ that passed yesterday, I have little thought on.

Edit: just to clarify, where I live, and the news I do watch, he hasn't really been in my 'view' for a good 10 years. So I really haven't had it rammed down my throat, that includes the good and bad.
                    Last edited by Sasq; 25 June 2009, 23:32.
                    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Michael Jackson was an amazing entertainer and extremely creative. He died too young RIP
                      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Already sick of hearing about it on the TV and radio.

Comment

I'll resist the urge to post them here but there are already dozens of jokes at his expense doing the rounds.
                          FT.

Comment

Stereotypical tortured genius? Here was one badly damaged soul, deprived in detail of that which most of us here take for granted to such an extent that we almost never think about it: a normal childhood on a normal street with a normal school and normal friends who cared about him and not about how many Benz's he could buy them. His father was a psychotic bastard who filled his childhood with beatings and fear of failure and self-loathing (if anyone should burn in Hell, it's him).

How could he NOT have been permanently scarred by that? How could he NOT have romanticized childhood to such a degree he felt driven to ill-conceived efforts to buy that which he never had, that which he could never hope to buy at any price (and he paid a price, make no mistake)?

When you're told from a young age that you're the greatest, the king, what have you, by an endless stream of toadies and sycophants and greedy farks who just think of you as a meal ticket, you start to believe it. You start to believe that you CAN do anything, that you CAN buy anything, including love, acceptance, children, anything.

One wonders how much he would have been willing to spend to go back to that childhood and just BE a child, without the suffocating pressure to perform? He might have been a lot happier, healthier person living an obscure life raising a family and running a music store in Gary, Indiana.

Kevin

Comment

Tell the kids he molested over the last 30 years that he died too young.
                              He lived longer than he deserved.
                              Yes, his parents robbed him of his childhood, but that does NOT excuse his actions as an adult.

Good riddance, I won't miss him.

Comment

Working...
                              X