Farrah Fawcett dead @ 62

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farrah Fawcett dead @ 62

Far from being just a bombshell she also won much acclaim for very challenging roles such as in Extremities, The Burning Bed, Nazi Hunter: The Beate Klarsfeld Story, Poor Little Rich Girl: The Barbara Hutton Story, Margaret Bourke-White and Small Sacrifices.

Emmy and Golden Globe nominations galore.

Link....

Farrah Fawcett Succumbs to Cancer at 62

Iconic 'Charlie's Angels' Actress Loses Cancer Battle, Dies in Santa Monica Hospital

Farrah Fawcett, the 1970s "It Girl" who was known for her cascading golden hair and bombshell body, died in a Santa Monica hospital today, ABC News has learned. She was 62-years-old.

"After a long and brave battle with cancer, our beloved Farrah has passed away," Fawcett's longtime romantic partner Ryan O'Neal said in a statement released by Fawcett's publicist, Paul Bloch. "Although this is an extremely difficult time for her family and friends, we take comfort in the beautiful times that we shared with Farrah over the years and the knowledge that her life brought joy to so many people around the world."

Fawcett became a symbol of the will to survive through her years-long battle with cancer, which was chronicled in the recent TV documentary "Farrah's Story." Her death comes on the heels of O'Neal's declaration that she agreed to marry him.

"I've asked her to marry me, again, and she's agreed," O'Neal, 68, told Barbara Walters in an exclusive interview for ABC's "20/20" scheduled to air Thursday. Walters sat down with O'Neal and others close to Fawcett in the final days of the actress' life.

Fawcett and O'Neal began dating in 1980 and lived together with son Redmond. The two never officially tied the knot, but not for O'Neal's lack of trying.

"I used to ask her to marry me all the time," he said. "But ... it just got to be a joke, you know. We just joked about it."
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 June 2009, 10:27.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Two in one day!
    one of the original Charlies Angels...gorgeous.
    The times, they are a changin'...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Cancer kills slowly...you and your family.
      At least she had love from everyone around her during her final days..
      Everyone i watched growing up..are going away now..
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

I just watched the special they taped for her the other day, it was very moving. I hadn't realized how bad she had gotten.
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
        X