• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max is gone!!!!!

Long live F1
    FT.

Hehe...
    (Before opening the thread, I had *NO* clue as to what you were referring to...)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

For us Yanks that have no clue who Max is, huh? I watch an F1 race now and then but not much more.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Max Mosley, former co-owner of March Engineering (an F1 team and race car builder) and up until his departure in October, the head of the FIA (Federation Internationale de L’Automobile), the intl agency that sets rules for many forms of motor sport including Formula 1.

He's been f'ing up things bigtime with almost dictatorial rule changes and other such nonsense, much to the consternation of major F1 teams who had threatened to quit Formula 1 and form their own association. Quite the soap opera for a long time.

IMO his 'attitude problem' stems from his father - Oswald Mosley, founder and bossman of the British Union of Fascists in the 30's. Any questions?

Most racers and race fans will miss him about as much as an extracted wisdom tooth.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 June 2009, 09:10.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

What he said.
          FT.

Comment

actually i wished they had splitted and formed a new association. Plans were ready and that included way cheaper tickets and way less costs for the racing tracks. The Hockenheim circuit here in Germany decided a couple of days ago not to host F1 any longer as they always had big losses around 6 million euros due to the ridiculous amount of money Mosley and companions charged for it. And i doubt that will change with any new FIA chairman whoever that might be.
            "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Well Max is rattling his cage again today so you never know, you could still get your wish.
              FT.

Comment

Working...
              X