Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is he or isn't he TV's best kept secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is he or isn't he TV's best kept secret?

Well, is he The Stig?

Brian (the devil incarnate)

I don't think so...

My guess is that in this season, every guest will appear on the show in a Stig-costume...
    Just saw that article; I was referring to yesterday's program, where under the Stig-helmet was... Michael Schumacher
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

"We never comment on speculation as to whom or what The Stig is"

I was at the British GP at Silverstone all weekend. The Stig was there! He gave Jade Jagger three laps in the back of a 2-seater F1 car Apparently the passenger has to hold on to a button so the driver knows if they've passed out

I'm really glad I went and experienced what was a wonderful occassion, but I stand by my view that TV has the best seat in the house. I certainly can't see the value in spending 200 quid to be so far from so much of the action. Still, 110,000 people can't be wrong?
      FT.

Comment

Of course, 110000 people can be wrong.

Just think about an election either foreign or domestic to your home country.
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 22 June 2009, 23:07.

Comment

Lol.
          FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
            I was at the British GP at Silverstone all weekend. The Stig was there! He gave Jade Jagger three laps in the back of a 2-seater F1 car Apparently the passenger has to hold on to a button so the driver knows if they've passed out
            Indeed .
            Wouldn't it be a stunt if all the F1 drivers would appear dressed as the Stig for a race?
            (the current Top Gear season is only 7 weeks, perhaps they'll have a professional driver every episode?)

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
            I'm really glad I went and experienced what was a wonderful occassion, but I stand by my view that TV has the best seat in the house. I certainly can't see the value in spending 200 quid to be so far from so much of the action. Still, 110,000 people can't be wrong?
            Yes, on one hand, it is on my to-do list... but then again, as you say, TV has the best seat in the house... There are very few tracks where you have a good overview - Francorchamps isn't one of them...

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

He was there to drive the FXX.....
              They wouldn't let anyone else drive the car for fear of crashing it.
              He probably tested the car before it went public....if you can call 36 cars public.
              At a million quid each.....

The rest of the season, IMO, is going to be the Stig, whoever he is....

They'd never had MS on the show before I don't think....
              PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
              Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
              +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

VJ, there are points at Silverstone where you can see the cars for over 20 seconds. We watched Prac 1 from Vale, which gives great views of sector 2, Prac 2 from Becketts, Prac 3 and Qually from from Luffield and the race from Becketts. Luffield is quite good as they basically do a big S in front of you then head off to the grid or pits. In Becketts we were on the front row and over at the far end, so in my opinion you don't get a great feeling for the corners that the drivers apparently love so much.

What you don't realise from the track plans and aerial shots if you've not been is how hilly the circuit is and how much this affects your view. There are big TVs, but you need to use binoculars if you want to see the text. There is a tall display that show the top 8 drivers, but its only visible from Luffield.

I'm not really complaining - after all who'd want to see them racing around a big oval?
                FT.

Comment

Working...
                X