Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for accommodations in Warsaw

Hello,

In July, I'll be going to Warsaw (Poland) for about a month; flights have been booked, but I still need to find some accommodations...

I've looked at hotels and studio/apartments, but those are all about in the same price range. For the 29 days, I can find hotels where the total stay is around 800 euro; renting a studio or an apartment is usually more expensive (1200 euro or more). But are there any other alternatives (bed and breakfast, ...)?

I would like to not share the room with others and prefer my own facilities; but other than that I'm flexible.

Thanks,

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Hi VJ

I friend of mine has been not too long back (she goes to Poland regularly, most of her family is Polish) and will let me have the web address of the site she booked through later today.

A quick google shows one bed apartments for €70/week, e.g. http://www.warsawapartments.org/

Cheers.

T.
    FT.

Comment

I came across that linke too, but I interpreted that is €70/day when you book a week... Seeing as they have prices like:
      -
      Daily: €73
      Weekly: €68
      -

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Good point and makes a lot more sense. I didn't look at the daily prices. Let's see what my friend comes up with later.
        FT.

Comment

To think I found hotels that are only €35/night (ok, 1 star, but the photos look nice and how bad can a room be? )
          The professor at the institute is also looking for better offers...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

That sounds surprisingly expensive!

Just stayed a couple of days in Warsaw, and I remember the prices to be way lower.
            Admitedly, the embassy payed for my stay, but let me find the name of the Hotel.

I stayed at the http://www.orbis.pl/en/warszawa/hote...a_stare_miasto
            Its base price is 50€ pr. night, but it had offers as low as 100PLN for 2 nights (thats 12€ pr. night). I think they will be happy to make offers, for extended stays?

I did find a youth hostel, where some of my students stayed. They claimed it was really fine; and the price was around 4€ pr. night. Its the: School Youth Hostel, "Syrenka" No. 6
            53a Karolkowa Street. Ph. +44 0 22 632 88 29

Budget hotels are usually around 100PLN, which amounts to 23€ pr. night, as standard base price.

Have a lovely stay - and if You got the time, try to meet up with some of the Guys n' Grils from the Copernicus center. THey are really nice.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Thanks for the info!
              I mailed the WarsawAppertments, and they did have lower prices than listed on the website for stays of about a month. At present, this looks like a good option (still exepensive, but with full comfort and nice location); I'm now waiting to see what the professor will suggest.

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

DukeP: the prices you mention in that hotel are only possible with "selected partners".

But the professor arranged an appartment at the Institute of Experimental Biology (why am I expecting double-entendre posts to this?), at 25 euro/day.

Now where is that Copernicus Center...
                pixar

Comment

My friend just sent me a whole bunch of info. I'll email it now.
                  FT.

Comment

Hehehe. Experimental biology. Is that the chick division?

Copernicus Science Centre
                    ul. Mokotowska 17
                    00-46 Warszawa, Poland
                    Kopernik to nie jest muzeum. Nie mamy gablot ani przewodników. To przestrzeń, która zainspiruje Cię do obserwacji, doświadczania, zadawania pytań i poszukiwania odpowiedzi. Od Ciebie zależy, ile z tego weźmiesz.

(ul. is shorthand for "street").

Hmm. When you get there, send updates here to Murc. I might swing by and visit.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tone View Post
                      My friend just sent me a whole bunch of info. I'll email it now.
                      Thanks, some nice info there!
                      I have been to Warsaw before, but only for a fortnight. Most people at the department know me and I know them, so I'm expecting not much fitting in issues.

Originally posted by DukeP View Post
                      Hmm. When you get there, send updates here to Murc. I might swing by and visit.
                      Would be interesting! I'll keep you guys posted.

Jörg
                      pixar

Comment

Well, I'm in Warsaw!
                        The day before yesterday (when I arrived) it was blazing hot with tropical rain, yesterday was nicer but still rain, today looks perfect though.
                        The apartment is small but I have everything I need. The bed is something else though; I am tempted to buy an inflatable matras from an outdoor shop closeby... Via tram, everything is easily accessible, so no problems there. The office is about 30 minutes from the apartment, the city center about 20.

Just now, I got some bad news though: my application at the university failed, so I'm now left with just 1 option, for which I have a job interview on August 18... Fingers crossed for that one... It may put a downer on my day now, but I won't let it ruin my stay here.
                        pixar

Comment

I'm back!

And they made me an offer in Warsaw (still have to wait for some of the details)...
                          This may be a tough call, but I'm leaning towards going there: I like the city, I'm sure the work will be what I want to do...
                          pixar

Comment

Working...
                          X