PDA

View Full Version : Win7 + ATi and Nvidia at same time works

Mehen
10th June 2009, 22:37
I remember reading about it but had trouble finding a source again when I went looking the other day.

So, since I have an X48 board with 16/16x PCI-E and a X1950Pro laying around doing nothing, I decided to test it out.
Plugged in the card, booted, works perfectly!

Right now I am running one monitor off of the ATI card and the other off of the Nvidia card. If I had another 2 LCDs, I could run 4! :o

AFAIK, other OS's have a problem with this.

ALBPM
11th June 2009, 22:19
Now that's cool!!!! I just hope the final version of WIN 7 works as well as RC1 has so far.

Evildead666
12th June 2009, 06:25
The only problem I had was ATi as Main card, and using Nvidia as Secondary, but Physx Active...
Just both cards should work no probs...

Not sure how and 3D would cope with a stretched screen, probably very badly, or not at all...
Worth a try to see what happens tho ;)

Mehen
12th June 2009, 23:01
The only problem I had was ATi as Main card, and using Nvidia as Secondary, but Physx Active...
Just both cards should work no probs...

Not sure how and 3D would cope with a stretched screen, probably very badly, or not at all...
Worth a try to see what happens tho ;)

Yeah not sure how 3d would work, I'll have to install supreme commander again and try it out.

Marshmallowman
14th June 2009, 20:18
cool, I am going to have to give that a go with my spare 8600gts when I build a new game machine. :up:
Went through a world of pain trying to get it to work in XP pro 64 bit...then I read it is unpossible :(