Win7 + ATi and Nvidia at same time works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 + ATi and Nvidia at same time works

I remember reading about it but had trouble finding a source again when I went looking the other day.

So, since I have an X48 board with 16/16x PCI-E and a X1950Pro laying around doing nothing, I decided to test it out.
    Plugged in the card, booted, works perfectly!

Right now I am running one monitor off of the ATI card and the other off of the Nvidia card. If I had another 2 LCDs, I could run 4!

AFAIK, other OS's have a problem with this.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Now that's cool!!!! I just hope the final version of WIN 7 works as well as RC1 has so far.
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

The only problem I had was ATi as Main card, and using Nvidia as Secondary, but Physx Active...
      Just both cards should work no probs...

Not sure how and 3D would cope with a stretched screen, probably very badly, or not at all...
      Worth a try to see what happens tho
      PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
      Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
      +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
        The only problem I had was ATi as Main card, and using Nvidia as Secondary, but Physx Active...
        Just both cards should work no probs...

Not sure how and 3D would cope with a stretched screen, probably very badly, or not at all...
        Worth a try to see what happens tho

Yeah not sure how 3d would work, I'll have to install supreme commander again and try it out.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

cool, I am going to have to give that a go with my spare 8600gts when I build a new game machine.
          Went through a world of pain trying to get it to work in XP pro 64 bit...then I read it is unpossible

Comment

Working...
          X