Replace Mediastudio 7 for slideshow creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace Mediastudio 7 for slideshow creation

I realize this is like cutting my backyard with a 18 foot turbo charged gang mower but hear me out why:

I have been happily editing videos for a few years on MSP7. I prefer the a/b timeline over the storyboard layout other programs use. That is why I have never made the upgrade to MSP8. Just didn't like the new interface. But since HD camcorders and blu-ray burners are coming down in price, and my existing SD units are showing their age I have to consider making the move to HD on everything. The grand kids are not going to slow down in growing up.

And when it comes to slide show creation, well, just WOW. When you look at the ability to overlay on multiple tracks, plot motion paths of MY CHOOSING instead of some pre-packaged drivel that dedicated slide show programs come with, and the plethora (although admittedly I use mostly hard cuts and cross fade) of transitions I feel a creative freedom that is not available in any "slide show" program.

So here I am with the quandary of finding another program that will allow me to edit my (soon to come) HD video but also have that wonderful A/B time line that MSP 7 has AND all the slideshow abilities I have become so fond of in this program.

Any ideas?
    Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Just keep on using MSP7! Use the tool that best fits your hand. Personally, I found that, while still beta testing MSP8, long before it was released, going back to A/B timelines had become a step backwards into the dark ages. I'm pretty sure you will feel the same, once you have taken the plunge and find you can add transitions etc. to any track. For example, try cross-fading 2 P-in-Ps, independently of each other and of the main pic in MSP7. It can be done but is a real hassle. In MSP8 or any other modern app, it's as easy as falling off a log.

MSP8 is not designed to do this, but it's possible to simulate A/B roll for fades and some other transitions. Use Overlay Transparency on the overlapped bit q to 100% on V1 and 100 to 0% on V2. To make things easier, put the cursor over one end of the overlap and press U then do the same at the other end of the overlap and do the same, making sure the clip which will be cut is selected. This will avoid having to play around with keyframes and will be seamless in the final render. The same technique is possible in Magix VPX, which is a worthy successor to MSP8 in the same price bracket.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I made the jump to Sony Vegas a few years ago. It fits me well. Others not so well.

I suggest downloading the 30 day trial and giving it a go.
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
      X