BING better than gOOgle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BING better than gOOgle?

Not really a good name, particularly in Chinese (means "sick"). But...

I tried the beta of BING and was very positively surprised! During the first tests it gave me more interesting and qualitative results than G. If you search for a consumer product, B gives you at first some general information and then producers. G gives you always ads at first. With G it is very difficult to get company names than shops.

It is reported that the real advantage of Bing is image searching. Yet I haven't tried that.

I hope that Bing really works well at the end. After so many years of gOOgling, I need some fresh air. And I don't like the data collection policy of G. The existens of alternatives is always better than monopoly.

Here is a site of G-B searching side by side if anyone is interested:

cheers,
    chaoliang
    Last edited by chaoliang; 3 June 2009, 04:33.

Seems to be good so far. There are a lot of search plug-ins out there. I no longer user search toolbars because of these.

I am currently being pulled between the thoughts "It's Microsoft so how good can it really be?" and "Wow this is awesome. It's pretty, it is effective and it even works in Firefox!"

Comment

Bing is very good for image searching, and I love how the thumbnails enlarge when you pass the pointer over them. and yes, it works great in FireFox.

Only problem IMO is that it's tied to Microsoft....
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yep. They actually put out something undeniably good.

Comment

Working...
        X