New computer - Wohooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer - Wohooo!

So my X61 Tablet arrived from thinkpad4you.de. I was a bit nervous after I wired teh monies but everything was like they promised. Mint condition, made 09-2008, in warranty till 03-2012.

Two weeks ago GPU in my T42p died, so I needed a new daily laptop. The original plan was to wait till autumn and decide when successor to W500 comes on the market. I was considering X200s (good res but TN with not so good angles), X200t (expensive, only SXGA+), briefly also X300 (screen), T400 (screen, size) and W500 (Nehalem arround corner). Finally decided on X61t - 1400x1050.

The tablet is simply fantastic, only 2kg with 8-cell battery, 4h battery life with Windows7 x64 and Aero, has bluetooth, firewire, place for WWAN card, n-wireless, 4GB RAM, 100GB 7200RPM drive, two docks, can hotswap optical with my T42p. I love it how now every desk has a room to put it on, how I can surf in portrait mode, love the tablet functionality. I can pimp her out with 8GB of RAM and SSD or 500GB drive, this thing will be able to run whole 2008 domain in VMware. The screen is beautiful IPS, good angles, probably one of biggest resolutions in smallest package. The last 3:4 Thinkpad.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 1 June 2009, 14:46.

nice!

If you want to give repairing your T42p a shot before selling it off (or keeping it as a spare), check this out.

Comment

That's exactly what I plan. For two weeks I was using my 7y old legendary A21p (UXGA 15", PIII 850, Intel BX, 512MB, Rage Fury, 40GB, DVD, Floppy drive, USB2.0 and g PC cards). It enabled me to VPN into work, pay my bills online, research X61t... Backup laptop is a great thing to have.

Comment

Working...
      X