marvel g400 and ricoh cd-rw 6201s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marvel g400 and ricoh cd-rw 6201s

i've got a dual celeron 466 on an abit BP6 with SB LIVE, netgear network, adaptec 1520, plextor 12/20, and 3 13 gig IBM's.

whenever, i plub in the cd-rw, the system is terribly slow. the boot process is normal upto the point where the screen changes to the win98se login screen. the mouse is not frozen, but if it's continually moved, it jumps across the screen about every 45-60 seconds in short bursts. i have not yet successfully loged in, as that would require me to get the mouse over the [cancel] button and click during the split-second intervals during which the mouse works.
    i've read some stuff online about the ricoh drives having trouble with the old matrox millineum cards. the conflict was with the bus mastering on the matrox. could this be the same problem? what can be done? i've already tried turning off the bus mastering on the matrox card under the powerdesk, but that didn't help. right now, i'm only running win98se, but previously (and soon i hope) i had (will have) a dual boot with winNT4, the cd-r worked fine in winNT, and i had the most recent power desk installed, but no video tools (as there are none). so, it could be a problem with the video tools.

thanks for the help in advance,
    jailbird
Working...
X