Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another bad luck streak...

And the previous one wasn't over yet...

Long story short, I had to defend my project application at a high school (engineering), and it went bad. The one professor is in competiton with my promotor, and he clearly let it show. He actually snubbed other members of the commission, preventing them to even ask questions or provide comment. He was just sabotaging me! It was out in 5 minutes, whereas all the others had 15-20 minutes! As there are 9 candidates for 3 places, I pretty sure I can forget this. So that leaves 2 other funding options open...

Meanwhile: my car refused to start last Wednesday (not battery or startmotor), so I needed a tow truck. Cost me over half a day, which I compensated last Thursday (was a holiday).
    At the garage, they found a possible cause (camshaft-sensor), but needed to order parts. It would be fixed by Monday. Today, they fitted the new sensor, but now the throttle is not working, and they have no real clue as to what causes it (they are now fidling with lambda sensor, etc.). Tomorrow I'll know more...

And some minor stuff: my aircon at home is on the blink (and in a concrete building with outside temperatures of 30 degrees, it is not a luxury). And my 1 year old built-in sat-nav needs an important firmware update (needs to be send back for that).

Does it ever get better?
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Don't fret, It will all work out. Good things come to good people.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

VJ,

Whilst I don't agree with the "good things come to good people", I will say that things should improve "soon". And when I mean soon (not the Matrox "Soon" (tm)), I mean something like (if it's concerning work), likely a matter of weeks at most. But not a massive improvement (you might wanna see if anyone close has any ideas what you can do. ). If you are talking about overall life improvement, might take a bit longer (2010 change, 2011 actual improvement). But hang in there. You're not alone in the "bad luck" department.

J1NG

Comment

Such an analysis...
        I merely ment it as a rhetorical question...

Meanwhile, the car has been fixed, the culprit was the lambda probe (250 euro in parts, 370 euro in labour, 21% tax = 750 euro ). Next on the agenda is sending back the navigation (which also has been completely reset after the repairs).

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Originally posted by J1NG View Post
          VJ,

Whilst I don't agree with the "good things come to good people"

J1NG
          don't burst my bubble LOL.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Hehe...
            I keep hoping it is true, but still need to be convinced further...
            pixar

Comment

Had to cancel my flight today...
              Upon starting the engine, the low-voltage light remained lit, which hint at either a problem with the alternator, or with the regulator... And on such a nice day!

Ah well, better luck next time...
              pixar

Comment

Working...
              X