Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News from Bitboys - is Glaze3D coming after all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News from Bitboys - is Glaze3D coming after all?

Two press releases:
    <a href="http://www.bitboys.fi/pr_us_ops.html">BITBOYS ESTABLISHES US OPERATIONS</a>
    <a href="http://www.bitboys.fi/pr_xba.html">BITBOYS INTRODUCES XTREME BANDWIDTH ARCHITECTURE™ TO 3D-GRAPHICS PROCESSORS</a>

I quote the latter
    Bitboys plans to introduce the final product specifications, product names and target prices of the first XBA™ enabled products March 2000. Bitboys is scheduled to begin demonstrating the technology in Q2/2000 and ramping up full volume production of XBA enabled parts during Q3/2000.
    What do you think? In my opinion, competition and new innovations is just what this industry needs.

_
    B

It's good to know that the Glaze3D will have a phat pipe and all, but how will it perform in real life? How will games look on it?

When I can see one in action, I will tell you what I think.

Jammrock

------------------
    PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I second that; I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, Bitboys have the dubios distinction of pimping the Daikatana of video cards, but without any screenshots for proof of its existence.

The Rock
      Bart

Comment

Oh TR, that's not entirely true... I got a nice demo of what the Glaze 3D can do.

14.1Mb mpg, so a bit big to put on my homepage... errr, Holly (as she's the one I got it from, ofcourse ), where did you get this from?? Yes, that military base thingy...

Jord.
        Jordâ„¢

Comment

I'll believe it once I see the silicon for myself. Not having produced any actual silicon, they've got a lot to prove.

Competition and all is good. However, the graphics chip market has been an absolutely ferocious dog eat dog market over the past couple of years. Those who don't make it really don't make it.

Comment

The Glaze3D demo can be found at their homepage
            http://www.glaze3d.com/a_pr_glaze3d.html

------------------
            P3 500@560, 192 MB ram, G400 16SH
            "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

Me feeling like a Talkcity TCC here... )

Thundrchez: "Those who don't make it really don't make it."

You've at least got to admid that they're still out there, somewhere... They might've been working on this thing for years, but do we know how many years before Matrox has been working on the G400 (for example)??

Even a future chipset by Matrox could be 'planned' years before the functions it's needing would ever be used in games/apps or plainly understood by the then going OS.

We're planning our next step, the G800, but who says it'll be a G800?? Why wouldn't Matrox jump off the bandwagon and make it a card called SuperX-5000?? Because we believe they won't??

Hmm, getting a bit off topic here.
              Yes, Bitboys may have produced vaporware in the past, but what if they've got a winner on their hand this time?? Who does flock over to them (besides Holly obviously )??

Jord.
              Jordâ„¢

Comment

New Chip !!!!
                ChuckBoys *BitHeaver2000!

Here is the demo http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...433/qsort.html

Send $$$$$!

thanks,
                chuck

*supplants BitHeaver64

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 25 January 2000).]
                Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

Old movie, Chuck....

Tell me, who doesn't have it lying around on one DVD or 2 CD-ROMs by now??

Jordâ„¢

Comment

That just looks like an old movie.
                    It is realy a high quality demo of all the fancy features of the BitHeaver2000!

send $$$$$

chuck
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

Send tape/DVD first, then get $$$$$
                      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Oh, come on, Chuck, ease up!! This is very mild in comparison to some competitor propaganda that we've seen here...

I admit that if this card comes out, it sounds like it'll be the only one I've heard of that can give Big M a run for my money... but no one, I think, is foaming at the mouth until we get a bit more proof that it isn't vaporware (as the previous chips have been).

And you have to admit that Jord has a point... other companies who've offered such never-produced chips have faded into the dusk... Bitboys has lived to revise the same yet-to-be-seen chip 3 times. Their investors must have some reason for continuing to support them, as their designers must have some reason for continuing to work on the Glaze3D...

So save your derision for the moment. You may get to use it later, when it'll be more cutting...

--------------------
                        Holy

Comment

Hey Holly,
                          I think that compared to calling them snakeoil salesmen, I was preaty mild.
                          chuck

PS This does not mean that I don't appreceate the bar-raising effect of their pitch.

PPS OK, so I changed it to my oun work.

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 25 January 2000).]
                          Chuck
                          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Wow... re-reading the specs, sounds like it oughta be the G600, eh?? Maybe the Big M will help the guys out--if they run into the problems they've had in the past-- and buy into their tech....

(Don't flame me, it's just a concept from a chick who doesn't know diddley about electronics or have the insider's knowledge of the biz... )

--------------------
                            Holly, still waiting for the 'Western City' .mpeg...

[This message has been edited by HollyBerri (edited 25 January 2000).]

Comment

Well, if it's not vaporware this time, maybe you're doing great in that biz, Holly.

If it's vaporware again, try using a fork on the insides of a PC that's on and you're in the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (does great things to your hair though )

Jord.
                              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                              X