• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire One 571: HD/H.264/VMedia netbook

Link....

VMedia uses a micro blue laser disk @ 1G/layer

Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Dumb. We do not need another media type, especially one based on moving parts.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

IMHO they need to move on to an SDXC card - or something similar - for distribution. Toss BR and the whole moving parts shooting match. Slip it into a kiosk to buy a film and the retailer saves floor space, the user saves storage space and producers don't need to ship as much.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

They want a proprietary format to make it hard to copy.
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          IMHO they need to move on to an SDXC card - or something similar - for distribution. Toss BR and the whole moving parts shooting match. Slip it into a kiosk to buy a film and the retailer saves floor space, the user saves storage space and producers don't need to ship as much.
          MPAA/RIAA wil milk consumers with physical distribution formats as long as profitable. As soon as people will stop buying CDs/DVDs/BluRay altogether, internet download will start to be a viable alternative.

Now, whether they will incorporate the reduced costs of digital distribution vs. physical media...

Comment

Working...
          X