New system finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New system finally

I just ordered most of my components at least the basics for my new home system.... Arrrr!!

COOLER MASTER HAF 932 RC-932-KKN1-GP Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS

ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard DriveG.

GSKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30

Sony Optiarc Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU1675S

SAPPHIRE 100269SR Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
    Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

Scythe MUGEN-2 SCMG-2000 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

The processor will be a i7 920 Nehalem on which I'm waiting for teh "Evil Empire" employee discount program to resume in a couple weeks.

I'll add more drives later and am tempted to get a solid state 80Gb HD for the operating system. I'll probably start out with Vista 64 bit for now.
    "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

I guess you don't qualify for the retailedge bundle, offered by intel.. maybe you should see if you could still get it, they have an i7 920, X58 based motherboard and vista ultimate, with upgrade to windows 7 for US$289. Until December, I could get it via my brother but not now when the deal is actually good
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Wow!! I didn't see that and had a hard time finding the EPP site with mainly processors listed.

I wanted the ASUS board anyway because they are more generous with cables and extras than Intel is with their boards.
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Why not just use the win 7 RC,

Comment

I just installed the Win7 RC1 the other day. Everything just sort of... works. Its awesome.

Get lots of pics of that HAF; my brother is considering it for his next case. Other CoolerMaster cases I have worked with have only been mediocre in the quality department (sharp edges, some cheap plastic, etc). However I have heard good things about the HAF.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Lots of pics right here....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119160

I got a discount code in the mail so only paid $124.99 with free shipping for mine from Newegg.

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman View Post
              Why not just use the win 7 RC,
              I'm waiting for you guys to check it out first.....

Comment

ok, its good

Comment

That's good to know because I got a big package from Newegg today so I now have everything except the Processor and the OS.

So, go for WIN 7 right away.....

BTW... The 4890 Radeon is friggn huge!!! So, is the Scythe MUGEN heatsink..

I'm so happy I got the full tower case now....

Comment

Yeah definitely go Win7.
                    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Go Windows 7 64bit!! NOT 32 bit

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                        Go Windows 7 64bit!! NOT 32 bit
                        Most definitely 64bit or would waste the quad core and 7GB of system and video memory.
                        I'm just a bit apprehensive about leaving XP behind after all these years....

Also, what version of IE works with WIN 7???
                        I also hear that Outlook has been replaced....

Comment

IE8 comes with Win7.
                          DirectX 11 too.

I agree, Win7 is great OS.

And btw - 50 seriously useful Windows 7 tips, tricks and secrets:
                          http://www.noitats.com/showthread.php?t=44568

Comment

Cool!!! Downloading WIN 7 now....

Comment

Welcome to the i7 Club! Make sure you end up with the new D0 stepping i7 920. More likely to hit 4Ghz.

J1NG

Comment

Working...
                              X