Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G450 PCI XP Pro startup problem..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G450 PCI XP Pro startup problem..........

I recently picked up a G450 PCI card for my pc I just put together. Installed it, booted up, I get the Intel splash screen, then Windows screen, then back to the Intel screen (with the top half the graphic missing). Then it takes me to a Window startup error screen with the options to boot with Safe mode, or last known good configuration, or start Window normally. Can't get past any of this without removing the card from the system, and even for being on for just a few minutes the card is quite warm. Here are the specs:

Intel D15GAG board
    Intel P4 2.8 HT chip
    1GB of Kingston Ram
    160GB Western Digital SATA drive
    Samsung DVD Burner drive

The Card is warm anyway...

Does the Intel Mobo have integrated Intel graphics ?

My work Mobo has Integrated intel graphics, and I had to disable the intel graphics part completely before the Matrox PCI card would stop rebooting the PC and switching my displays off...
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Thank you for the advice, finally got it working. Yes, the Mobo has Intel graphics, I had to go into device manager and disable the Display Adaptor for the Intel graphics.

Comment

Working...
      X