Abit BE6-II Problems HELPPPPP :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abit BE6-II Problems HELPPPPP :-)

I have just installed the above mentioned board along with a diamond maxtor ultra ata/66 hard drive.
    I am having problems shutting down windows.
    It reboots straight away as if i had clicked on restart my computer.
    If i click on restart in dos mode it locks up on a black screen with no C: prompt
    I have had a look in the bios to see if it had anything to do with the settings there but did not notice anything wrong.
    This is the first time i have put a new hard drive and motherboard in , so i would welcome any comments on this problem.
    Thanks in advance for any help given.

PIII 450
    128 ram
    Soundblaster live Live ware 2
    G400 Max
    Win 98
    Memorex cd-rw
    Asus isdn card

Try disabling the soundblaster DOS emulation and remove the SBInit from your autoexec.bat AND dosstart.bat. Apply the shutdown patch if it refers to your OS. Upgrade to Liveware 3.0 drivers and software.
    Post again...

Regards, Sascha
    The pump don't work, 'cause the vandals took the handle...
    Bob Dylan

Comment

I am just downloading the live ware 3.0.
      I will have a look for the shut down patch when i get back from work this afternoon.
      And will let you know how it is goin.

Comment

It is definately somthing to do with the SB drivers because when i uninstalled them the pc shut down ok.

Thanks again for helping me out.

I am trying to sort the dos bit out.
        Not too good at that but i will see how i get on.

[This message has been edited by Gorf (edited 18 January 2000).]

Comment

Hey Gorf, I have about the same setup as you, I was wondering I you have the G400 in AGPx2. I tried everything and can't get it in AGPx2 mode.
          -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

At the moment mine is in AGP x 1 as well.
            I am not too sure why that is yet.

Comment

I finally got mine at AGPx2 thanks to the Reghack on www.murc.ws

I tried alot of other things, like editing the register manualy, G400Tweak and even enabling AGP2x in the Bios, and none of those worked

Thank god for www.murc.ws

[This message has been edited by Moleman (edited 20 January 2000).]
              -=And May The Schwartz Be With Ya=-

Comment

How do you know if G400 max running in AGP1, rather than AGP2?

I have a BE6ii as well....also where can I find this "reghack" for the fix?

thanks

Comment

You can get it on matroxusers homepage..after you install it you'll have a new tab in advanced display settings named tweek..

Matt

------------------
                  Abit BF6, P3 450 AT 620, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Hey guys...WHERE on the homepage is this
                    reghack?...is it called sumthing else??..I'd
                    like to know if my card is at AGPx1 or 2...
                    P3-450 o/c 558
                    Abit BH6
                    128 PC100
                    G400 SH 32M o/c MAX spex
                    SB Live X-Gamer
                    Pioneer 6X DVD
                    Maxtor 10 Gig H.D.
                    Fujitsu 13 Gig H.D.
                    Win98 SE
                    Samsung Synchmaster 17"
                    Logitech C/L Mouse/Kybrd
                    Altec Lansing ACS56
                    oh yea! and a 3M Precise
                    Mouse pad!!

Comment

Not likely, but I've seen similar symptoms in some viruses. You might want to check that out to...

larry

Comment

Ok here you go http://matroxusers.com/Utils/pcilist.exe http://matroxusers.com/Utils/PD5RegHacks.zip pcilist tells you wachu got reghaks lets you get wachu dont got..Get em while theyre hot.. Good luck Matt

------------------
                        Abit BF6, P3 450 AT 620, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Everything seems ok now.
                          Thanks for all the help.

Comment

So just to get me clear on this: DO You have to use the Reghack JUST to find out if you are in AGP1 or AGP2 mode??

ps...is it much faster in AGP 2?

Comment

Hi bongo.
                              I have just e-mailed you the applications that you need to find out about your AGP setting and the reg hack one.

Comment

Working...
                              X