• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-o-s-e-r :-p

Someone please cut it off

Link....

Child support issue lands alleged dad of 14 in jail

Associated Press

Flint -- A 42-year-old man who authorities say fathered 14 children with 13 different women in Genesee County and owes more than $530,000 in child support has been jailed for allegedly dodging payments.

Thomas Frazier was ordered jailed Thursday and could spend 90 days behind bars if he doesn't pay $27,900, The Flint Journal reported. Court records say he hasn't made payments in the child support cases in six years.

Frazier said he's been saddled with debt for children he claims aren't all his. The former Flint-area man said it's unrealistic for authorities to expect him to pay child support that at one point was $3,000 a month.

"I tried to find someone who would love me for me," said Frazier, who also described himself as a victim of a poor upbringing. Frazier said he thinks he fathered only three of the children -- two daughters and a son.

The sheriff's department said Frazier remained in custody Saturday at the Genesee County Jail, which wouldn't accept a message for him seeking comment. Jail records didn't indicate whether he had a lawyer.

The newspaper reported Frazier was arrested last month in Iowa after being pulled over for a broken taillight. He was held on warrants related to child support and delivered Wednesday to the Genesee County Jail.

"This guy gives fathers a bad name," said Genesee County Friend of the Court Jack Battles.

Frazier said he is unemployed and he was returning to Flint at the time of his arrest. He said he had $5,000 in cash, which was found by police, that he planned to use as a payment on his child support.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 April 2009, 13:38.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Well, evolutionary speaking, he owns you

Comment

Working...
    X