Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final TWO: Michigan State is IN the NCAA B'Ball finals

Link.....

And they did it in front of a Detroit crowd at Ford Field, and it was one helluva game!!

FINAL: MSU 82, UConn 73; MSU advances to NCAA title game

DETROIT -- Despite those late couple of free throw misses, this game was in many ways about Kalin Lucas. Goran Suton, the star of the Midwest Regional, wasn't scoring so Lucas provided both scoring and leadership. Suton did rebound, so it wasn't like he was doing nothing. This game was also about the rebirth of Raymar Morgan, who finished with 18 points. I have to say, the way Morgan's season has gone, you have to love this for him. Tom Izzo always said he had confidence in Morgan and tonight he got to show why. UConn was a formidable foe, to be sure, but sometimes hunger and 50-some-thousand fans cheering for you in person can make all the difference.

The announced attendance -- 72,456-- is a new NCAA Tournament record. And most of the fans got to leave happy since they were a green and white-clad bunch for the most part.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

It was a good game. I thought UConn was going to pull it off in the end but MSU just pulled it off. Though my bracket is officially ruined now

Good luck against UNC though. They have a brutal inside-outside game, and if they are on fire from 3-point range against MSU like they were against Villanova...I don't think they can win. We'll see though. I think it will be a good game.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Sorry about your team, Doc. I'm not a UNC fan, but man they were unstoppable.
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
      X