Help me find a goldfinger - please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a goldfinger - please!

Heeeelp! I can't a goldfinger in stock anywhere. I know a lot of you out there are running O/Cd Athlons, and was wondering where you all got yours and your rating/thoughs about it. Thanks for your help!

Warchild
    -ooohooohooh .18 micron baby!-

www.step-thermodynamics.com

Gurm may know of a few more places to look for them, since he designed his own.

Jammrock

------------------
    PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Don't we sponsor Greebe??

Go to Azzo to get Greebe's Athlon + OC'er

Jorden.
      Jordâ„¢

Comment

Well, I got impatient about 10 mins after posting this and ordered an Afterburner...next day air of course.

Greebe, sence you seem to be the local master, what cooling do you use? I think this .18 550 will do 900 without a prob, but I really want to hit that 1g mark. What do you think?

Warchild

Comment

Ooops...I meant Greebes

Jammrock

------------------
          PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Where did you manage to get a .18 550?

Also, I doubt you will get 900MHz. The core may handle it, but I don't think you're cache chips will, and the "Afterburner" probably doesn't let you change the cache divisor.

Is Greebe out of commission lately?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Try here...

http://www.ninjamicro.co.uk/
              AthlonXP 1700+@1900+(1.59GHz) on Abit KG7, 512Mb DDRram, Elsa Gladiac 920, SB 128 pci, ADI microscan 17in monitor, Pioneer 6x dvd rom,Ricoh7083CDRW, 56k modem

Comment

The Ninja Micro card is very good.

It is available from http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

Comment

.18 550s are shipping now. I got week 1. The motherboard identifies it as CPUID 621 (family 6, model 2, stepping 1).

I got the Afterburner today, it has settings up to 1050 at 3.0v. I'm running stable now at 750, 1.9v, L2 cache at 1/2. CPU runs at 95f after an hour of UT.

I wanted to get the ninja micro, but no one has the thing in stock.

Oh well, it posts at 800, but locks in windows. I'm not going to push it further till H-Oda reveals his cache util. I also need to get a better cooling solution before I go higher on the voltage. Hullo Kryotech!

Warchild

[This message has been edited by Warchild (edited 21 January 2000).]

Comment

I am with Rogue, The Ninja Micro card is very good. and so is

Overclockers.co.uk

Comment

Warchild, since you seem to be totally clueless, I will be totally blunt. If Greebe is the local master and you want his help, f***ing BUY FROM HIM!!!

Just like those a**holes who go suck Best Buy's c**k because they are the big, powerful retailer and then come to me to ask how to work the damn stuff! And they are sooo polite about it too! That's like s***ting all over someone and then telling them "oh, pardon me, but you've got s*** all over you. Perhaps you should wipe it off.."

------------------
                      Kind Regards,

KvH

Comment

Temper, temper........

Comment

KvHagedorn, I don't seem to know anything? Just asking for advice doesn't make me ignorant, you fool. Get a life.

Warchild

Oops, I forgot to add a few ***.

Comment

I think he's trying to say that you wouldn't buy a Ford and then ask a Jaguar dealer for some free expert advice on how to make it go faster, therefore you shouldn't buy someone else's kit (which is no doubt more costly and not as good?) and ecpect their direct competitor to give out technical support. I personally would tell you in the politest possible way (I am English after all ) to go shove the aforementioned item up a nearby pukkered orifice.

------------------
                            p3 450@600. bx6 ver 2. 128mb unbranded pc100. iwill 2930u scsi, diamond pro pci modem, advansys 1505 isa scsi, SB Live!, pioneer dvd103s, hollywood plus dvd card, plextor 40x cd rom, ricoh 1420 cdr, ibm 13.5gb @ 7200rpm, G400 @ max settings. All wrapped up in a big case with loads of fans. Belinea 10 30 40 17" monitor

1st system

Athlon AXIA Y 1Ghz @ 1.40Ghz, coolermaster hsf, Elite K7s6a, 512 MB Crucial DDR RAM, 20GB IBM 7200RPM Hard drive, Radeon 8500le 64mb, SB Audigy, 3 com 10/100NIC, 300w PSU, midi tower, FPS 1600 Surround, Belinea 17" monitor, Intellimouse explorer USB

System 2

Athlon TB 1.4 @ 1.5, Zalman Flower in silent mode, Elite K7S6A, 768MB DDRAM, Ati Radeon 8500le 64mb ddr, SB Audigy, 3Com 10/100NIC, 80GB IBM 7200rpm, Liteon 16 speed DVD, Lite-on 24102b CDRW, Songcheer Superwide, USB scanner, Intellimouse explorer, Microsoft keyboard, 19in iiyama Monitor, FPS1600

system 3
                            Abit ST6 RAID, Celly 1.2 @1.4 ,512MB SDRAM, Zalman Flower HSF noisey mode, ATi Radeon 8500le, SBLIVE, 3com 10/100 NIC, 80GB Seagate barracude HDD, 40GB IBM120GXP, 60GB IBM60GXP,Extra highpoint controller card, 16x Pioneer DVD, Pioneer DVR-104 DVD-RW, ATX Full tower case. 300w psu, 17in LG monitor, 20in Samsumg telly, epson stylus colour 880, 200W RMS Surround sound amp with Mission M71 Speakers.

System 4
                            Elite K7S5A, Duron 1.0, 128mb sdram, Coolermaster hsf, 80GB 120GXP IBM, Liteon 16x DVD, Radeon 7200 64MB DDR, SBLIVE.

Linksys 4 port router/firewall

512k Cable modem. nice

Comment

Warchild, the reason I didn't answer is perfectly stated by Birdy. Plus the fact U asked for assistance, then 10 min later became impatient and went out bought w/o giving a shit about others advice you're asking for. So why should we care about U? I'd call that perdy ignorant and foolish!

Doubt you'll get any higher than 800 with that one... not bothering to say why either.
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X