Battlestar Finale - Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Finale - Spoilers

Still don't know what Starbuck was though we really do not need to.

There were finally consequences for what Tory did.

History may repeat or may not repeat again. It will definitely be different. We may see in a few thousand years.

The Cyclons electro-mechanical or human form were no closer to or further from who/what was orchestrating it all than the humans

Hera was chosen as a conduit because of what she represented but it did not (physically) have to be her.

I just watched the ending of BSG....great ending, very rewarding...
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Ron Moore Q&A Session on the Finale

Comment

I am in shock from that episode. It was really well done. Some of the performances were a bit over-the-top, and a lot of where people got to was... left to be inferred. But overall it was really fantastic. I could go on and on, but right now I'm STILL (nearly 48 hours later) trying to get my head around it.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Anywhere one can watch it again? I get the feeling I missed some of the importance of Hera and some of what the "Angels" said.

I did not watch the entire series.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama View Post
            Anywhere one can watch it again? I get the feeling I missed some of the importance of Hera and some of what the "Angels" said.

I did not watch the entire series.

On Saturday you can watch it on Hulu.

Otherwise, it's off to the torrents if you want it sooner!
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

I am likewise blown away! Very impressed with that ending, and very satisfied. It just confirmed that BSG is the best show ever.

Not up on Hulu or SciFi.com yet.

My interpretation of Starbuck... the real, physical Starbuck died when her Viper entered the storm on the gas giant. The Starbuck that returned was exactly what the Hybrid called her, "The Harbinger of Death." Or you could call her an angel of death. Either way she was the being that brought about the destruction of the "bad cylon element" that would have continued the cycle of destruction. You could also say she destroyed the cycle (possibly) and the humans/cyclons by allowing the Cylon remnants and the humans to intermingle and form a new race...though I would call that last part reaching.

Other interpretations...since the show has heavy religious overtones, though in a somewhat non-denominational way, I think the Gaius and Caprica "angels" were in fact "the gods". Taking from the common Christian "man was created in the image of God" and the fact that Gaius and Caprica 6 were central to the salvation of the humans and cyclons, one could argue that their spiritual counterparts were in fact the God and Goddess of...whatever domain you prefer. Except they are more like old gods, where they are neither just good or just bad, they are gods with a will of their own.

And now I'm done...
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

On Hulu now, and with a 480p option.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                X