WAV/MP3 splitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAV/MP3 splitter?

I've started to record people speaking. Everything is great except I would like to split the audio file into 5 minute chunks so that people can skip around if they need to. Anybody know of a wav/mp3 splitter free or otherwise? If Audacity does it, I can't seem to figure it out.

I've tried a couple of free ones but they suck horribly. Any help is appreciated
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Audacity is the world's most popular audio editing and recording app. Edit, mix, and enhance your audio tracks with the power of Audacity. Download now!

My grandpa had me record Christmas music from channel 924, “Continuous Holiday Classics.” I had to create both a DVD and a music CD. For the DVD, Windows DVD Maker automatically creates…
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Nice! Thanks Jammy, this really helped me out. I thought I'd write down what I did just in case it ever helps anyone else. All of the above instructions talks about breaking up music tracks into their own tracks. This doesn't quite help me because I have a 40 minute audio track of someone talking. I just want to break it up into multiple 5 minute tracks.

With the above instructions, I could do that but I couldn't get exactly on the 5 minute marks because youhave to select the next track point with the cursor and it isn't accurate enough. Luckily I found under the "File" menu something called "Export Labels".

What this does is export a text file with the time and track info. Once I realized the format, I just edited the text file to my liking and then imported back into the audio track. TADA! Perfect 5 minute tracks. Best of all, I can save this file for future recordings and use it over and over again.

For reference, the file format looks like this:

Code:
      0.0          Track 1
      300.0        Track 2
      600.0        Track 3
      900.0        Track 4
      1200.0       Track 5
      1500.0       Track 6
      1800.0       Track 7
      2100.0       Track 8
      Just paste the above in a text file, edit the time and names of tracks, import it into the audio file and you've got tracks

Oh and the final step after all of this is done is to "export multiple" under the file menu.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Sound... Forge.

I know, it's pricey. But it's like Audacity would be if there were real developers writing it!
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Dude! You weren't kidding, $300! I'll stick with audacity.

Comment

Working...
          X