Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...Anyone watched Watchmen?

Without spoilers, how was it?

I will go to the theaters myself but want to hear it from anyone who saw the movie.

Cheers,
    Elie

Excellent. 9.5/10. With the exception of maybe the last 20 minutes or so, all 163 minutes of it flew by.
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

9.5/10 here too. Going back again this week to see it with our middle son who has so far had family/interview commitments (online radio talk show).
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
        Without spoilers, how was it?

Hard to spoil a Graphic Novel LOL

Anyways, I'm seeing it tonight in IMAX
        Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

It was FAR better than I could have thought it would have been. Very little was changed and what was left out made sense cinematically. It felt very approachable to a nonfan to me but I went with another fan so I can't say for certain on that.

The casting was amazing spot on across the board visually. The one exception to this was extremely understandable considering the physical traits required. The person they chose instead has more than enough to make up for it (for those in the know think cigars).

The soundtrack was at times... overtly there.. but very much of the error this film was meant to be placed.
          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by GT98 View Post
            Hard to spoil a Graphic Novel LOL

Anyways, I'm seeing it tonight in IMAX

I never read the novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
              I never read the novel
              Then now is a great time to git 'er done, son

Seriously, it'll help your understanding of the motivations etc., something that often gets short changed in book to cinema adaptations...but less so here than in most others thanks to Snyder's obsession to detail.

One thing's for sure though: Silk Specter (Malin Akerman) sure looks great nekkid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 March 2009, 13:07.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                One thing's for sure though: Silk Specter (Malin Akerman) sure looks great nekkid
                OT
                haven't seen Watchmen yet, its fully booked over here and i hate to watch any movie in the front row, i agree Malin looks very sexy nekkid though, she was very funny and sexy in The Heartbreak Kid .
                /OT

Cannot wait to see the movie though... looking for what device is it that Ozy used in the movie it is supposed to be different from the comic
                Last edited by Belwarrior; 9 March 2009, 19:20. Reason: spelling
                Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Those of us who've seen it obviously know the different "device" but cannot tell for obvious reasons. I will say, however, that it makes perfect sense and is in context. Snyder did a great job.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I went to see it last night, I never read the novel, but got the basic plot line from Wikipedia last year after seeing the coming attractions...

Overall it was pretty good, though for someone who has no idea what the movie is about, much of it is going to be lost, and I think I missed alot even though I had somewhat of an idea what to expect. One of my friends read the novel before hand and said it was a very faithful adaption and helped fill in on some of the stuff that I didn't quite pick up on. I really need to see the movie again and even read the novel to get the full effect.
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

How many pages is the novel?
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Amazon shows that it is 416 pages (probably includes commentary). It was a 12 issue limited comic series originally.
                        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

And now we know who watches the watchmen
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Claymonkey View Post
                            Amazon shows that it is 416 pages (probably includes commentary). It was a 12 issue limited comic series originally.
                            Within the Watchmen graphic novel are several other narratives which add a lot of material not in the film.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock View Post
                              And now we know who watches the watchmen

LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X