Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip to Japan

Hello!

I guess I'll introduce myself first- my name is Moran, and I currently live in Israel.
    I'm a computer programmer and work with your beloved Transformx (who also brought me here).

Anyway, I'm going on a two weeks trip to Japan soon. It's not my first trip there, but I'd still love to hear some tips and suggestions. I'm planning around 5 days in Tokyo, and the rest in Kyoto, Hiroshima, Osaka and Beppu in the south.
    Also, this time I'm going to be there in the cherry blossom season which I missed last time, so I'd love to hear about nice places to visit during that period.

Thanks!

While in Tokyo, don't miss Nikko. It is THE place for both scenery and architecture that many people sadly miss. You have to go from Asakusa station and it takes about 1¾ h to Tobu-Nikko (go early). Take a bus to Chuzenji springs (hot) by the lakeside, spectacular scenery en route. Then take another bus for Nishisando or (perhaps better) Sogokaikanmae and then do the temples (several hours needed). If you prefer to stay overnight (if possible, recommended), there are a few ryokans or an expensive hotel. I could easily spend a week there!
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I actually already visited Nikko in my last trip, but I have to agree, it really is an awesome place.
      I spent two nights there, even though I planned a single day trip.

Comment

Working...
      X