The BMW computer case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BMW computer case

It's a very interesting concept. Basically they compartmentalized all the heat producing parts and added a little modern flare to the case. I don't think I would spend the guesstimated price for it no matter how cool it is or or how well it worked.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

I predict most of the trolls on the internet will crave for it.

Comment

It looks nice i suppose, almost like how i lay out the components on my table when i am troubleshooting and need to swap parts. It is practical in a way as there is a good air flow
      Last edited by Belwarrior; 8 March 2009, 22:38.
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

It reminded me of the bookshelf pc concept:
        In case you hadn’t heard, Microsoft and the Industrial Designers of America (IDSA) recently held a competition in which the challenge was to “rethink the Windows-based PC experience and the role it plays in people’s lives.” Contestants were asked to “envision how form factor influences the digital lifestyle” in four categories: personal productivity, entertainment, communication & mobility, and living & lifestyle. There will be be two $50,000 prizes awarded (one judged by Bill G. himself) along with a $25,000 prize based on public voting, with the winners to be announced at CES 2006. The designs submitted range from the practical to the fanciful to the completely untenable, and serve as a glimpse into a possible future for consumer electronics as well as a cheap way for Microsoft to outsource their design department. The device pictured above, called the “Bookshelf,” is certain to be a favorite of Judge Gates’, as it incorporates heavy digital rights management from the get-go by storing content on rather large square cartridges that would be sold by digital service providers. We couldn’t say why consumers would buy a product that’s constantly expanding in size using proprietary media, but hey, that’s half the fun of these concepts. Read on to see some of the highlights from the contest and then head over to vote for your fave.

Not from a design point of view, but rather as a concept: different compartment for different components. Sounds like this could allow for a more effecient cooling design...
        The linked concept went even further, and had seperate boxes for expansion cards.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X