Robbie Maddison - Nucking Futs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robbie Maddison - Nucking Futs

Thats was the title when I was sent this as a .wmv.

Here it is on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLejkyXbJlc

This stunt has to be seen to be believed
    FT.

...wow
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

that'll require a change of underwear.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Looks like fun
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          Looks like fun

On January 1, 2009, he successfully jumped 96 feet 0 inches (29.26 meters) up onto the Arc de Triomphe in front of Paris Las Vegas and then descended a 40 feet drop off the monument to return safely to ground level. Robbie said after the jump that he may have broken his hand and had a gash to the bone in the webbing of his left hand.
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX View Post
            Robbie said after the jump that he may have broken his hand and had a gash to the bone in the webbing of his left hand.
            Risk of the activity, something all sports and stunt folks accept the day they decide to do it. Imagine sticking a car into the wall at 130 mph after getting sideswiped. Broke 2 fingers, sliced open my forearm and got a nice whiplash on that one.

Add to that football (broken toes, forearm, ribs & too many cuts/abrasions & bruises to count), baseball (cut eyeball, split eyelid, fractured orbit, cuts/abrasions/bruises & shoe spike wounds) & other sports and....

Eventually you lose track of the minor ones - usually defined as those where you're not admitted to the hospital.
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 4 March 2009, 03:23.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Impressive! Interesting to see just how quickly he stopped (little forward momentum).

And on the topic of nucking futs:
              A skydiver jumps out of one plane, freefalls, then catches up with and enters another plane.www.skydive.tv
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

How many feet was he from that propeller while falling out of the sky?
                FT.

Comment

No more than 2-3 meters on exit/enter, with the latter being the dangerous one.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The engine was of course most likely idling, the rotation of the propeller is then a consequence of the fact that the plane if falling (nose down). Most likely not *that* much force on it... but still, I woudn't like to try it though...
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                    X