Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM roadmap

released as part of their report to Congress

GM will be displaying several new E-REV (Voltec) concepts at auto shows throughout this year beginning in Geneva next month. Quite likely the two receiving the greatest public reaction will become those that are produced in addition to the Volt.

NOTE: "strong hybrid" listed in the roadmap is the "two-mode" hybrid tech developed with BMW, Daimler & Chrysler where two high power AC motors are inside a rear drive tranny, allowing for electric operation at both low and high speed. From what I've heard the Gen 2 version of this is front wheel drive.

It also lets existing models to be converted to hybrid with few changes other than the tranny, a small battery and a new computer. It's this tech that lets their big SUV hybrids to get 22 mpg.

General Motors is also investing significantly in hybrid and plug-in vehicles, for both cars and trucks, and offers 9 hybrid models in 2009 (more than any other manufacturer), a number which will increase to 14 models in 2012 and 26 models in 2014. The Chevrolet Volt is included in this count, as are two additional models sharing the Volt‘s extended range electric vehicle (EREV) technology.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 February 2009, 22:20.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X