Wake up Matrox!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up Matrox!!!

Long time has passed since i've been a Murc members. During this years i have always get a look at the Murc web site to get fresh news or rumors about Matrox. To the eyes of any external visitor and from many hardware review sites, Matrox is out of the competition. Many murcers has left now, and many other will not wait anymore for other news from Matrox about new consumer cards. The competitors are way ahead now, and it's seems that Matrox is biting the dust (or the transistors).

I know that Matrox have great capabilities and can show out of the hat many magics. Please, Matrox, don't give up. Back to the good old days with new powerful products. Give us a DX 10.1 card and great GPU computing capabilities.

Wake up Matrox!!!!

It has been a long time...

There is no doubt in my mind Matrox still has extraordinary products, just not for the consumer...
    I've just orderd my first non-matrox card in ... 12 years...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I've bought non Matrox graphics card for about 1200 € if 2 years. I know that many others done the same, and bought card for much more. Matrox engineers have talent, we know, but we need new consumer powerful graphics card.

Again,
      Wake up Matrok.

P.S.
      Does anyone knows where Wayne is?

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter View Post
        I know that Matrox have great capabilities and can show out of the hat many magics. Please, Matrox, don't give up. Back to the good old days with new powerful products. Give us a DX 10.1 card and great GPU computing capabilities.

No, they don't. No, they can't. They don't have a choice. Long gone. Dream on.

Comment

I don't think so. They can wake up from the current hybernation. They can trow out a DX 10.1 chip. And a DX 10.1/OGL 3.0 chip doesn't mean only gaming. Today's applications relay on GPU computing and CGL. See Lightware core (www.newtek.com/core). New chips are required to supply the today's application demand.

Comment

They lost all of their good ASIC engineers, and most of their driver guys years ago to nVidia.
            They have no interest or capability in taking on consumer level cards again.
            They're happy with their little niche markets.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
              They're happy with their little niche markets.
              I think it is a more "rewarding" and loyal market too...
              Quality, stability, total cost of ownership, etc. are more important there than in the consumer market.

The only thing I do wonder: in time, won't they have to offer more up-to-date GPUs to satisfy their niche markets? I mean, given the GPGPU evolution etc...
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Except that nVidia and ATI are both picking away at those specialty markets that Matrox once dominated.

Comment

AFAIK neither nv nor ati have anything like the frame grabbers or imaging hardware that we use, nor do they have anything in development.
                  We have used Matrox products for many, many years here and even nv or ati came out with some competition, I am not sure that we would be in a big hurry to switch. "Loyal" is right.
                  Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                  Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Yeah but realistically, can Matrox survive on just selling framegrabber boards and vision products in their Imaging division?
                    nVidia and ATI are agressively targeting medical imaging and multi-monitor applications.

Comment

They have to fight to survive. Ati and Nvidia can for sure enter in other marchet if they want. I remember the first Millenium card fromMatrox. Do you really think that Matrox have no Asic Engineers? I don't think so.

Wake up, Matrox!

Comment

It's not all about GPU and other things. Operating system and platform evolves. Vista requires a DX10 card. What in the future? Linux, OSX, Microsoft, requires Hardware accelerations.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiga Blitter View Post
                          Do you really think that Matrox have no Asic Engineers? I don't think so.
                          I don't think so either. They have nowhere near the R&D capabilities of ATI or NVIDIA. Nor do they have the money to try to go down that road, I imagine.

S3 is more capable of making graphics cards than Matrox is if their product releases are any indication.

Comment

The fact that they realize the Extio and Veio solutions proves that they have a reguardable technicals know-how. After all, they have won the Inavation Awards 2009: http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/

Comment

Fine, then just wait...more. (how many of those threads you've started over the last half a decade?)

The rest of us will just sit down and smell the ashes (I know I can - G400, 10 years old in two months or so, is still in my "main" PC... )

PS. One would think you'd be used to this...after all you've been quite partial to the Amiga, I guess. Yeah, it was superior technically for a few years, then the OS & momentum kept it going for a few more...but once they couldn't keep up, it was game over.

Comment

Working...
                              X