• Show
Clear All

• Sony's PS3 followon

NSFW - language

From The Onion

YouTube...
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Why the language warning?
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I'm going to show that to all my clients.

(Okay, maybe not all my clients.)

Kevin

Comment

Hehe, anybody say anything bad about the PS3 is rediculas!!! I have a Wii and a PS3 and the old Xbox, and believe me the PS3 wins hands down, it's an awesomem system flexable in every way. Sony even allows you to install another OS on the box, I just upgraded the drive to 300GB no problems at all.

Wii, is weak from a graphics and audio perspective, yet I also enjoy it, so do the kids actually. But no game on the Wii can compare to Ratchet and Clank on the PS3 for example.

Anyway, I like all systems, each brings there own strenghts, based on my experience so far, PS3 wins hands down, let's not forget the Blu-ray capabilities

Cheers,
        Elie

Comment

Dont f*****g knock the f*****g Wii's f*****g graphics you f*****g PS3 f*****g c**k s*****g fanboy.

(and yes, that is an attempt at humour, honest!)
          FT.

Comment

HA I love the Onion's 'news' reports. I laughed the whole way through. I just don't buy Sony anymore. LittleBigPlanet is the only PS3 game that has tempted me at all.

As for the Wii.. yeah it is underpowered and I think some of their tactics need to be changed (USB HARDDRIVE PLEASE!!!!) but they are the only one making money on the hardware directly and I hope they learn from their success instead of returning to their habits in the 8bit days.
            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I wasn't anything other than a Wii fanboy, but having recently been semi-gifted an XBox360... I'm a convert. Every platform needs XBox Live, it's just ... AMAZING. And the games are awesome. I'm sure the PS3 is very nice, and I'd love to have one. I just wouldn't $500 love to have one, y'know?
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm View Post
                I'm sure the PS3 is very nice, and I'd love to have one. I just wouldn't $500 love to have one, y'know?
                I have that feeling with virtually all game consoles...

On one hand, it looks like great fun (I played Wii and PS2 at a friends' place), but on the other hand it is quite expensive (you still need the games). Also I fear it might be less fun when you play alone (like with most things...? ), and leave me with a sense of "wasted time". Strangely though, I don't mind paying a lot for a computer... so it's probably me
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Not neccesarilly you...it "helps" that, while prices of PCs and PC parts don't differ that much (and even if - you can always get something slower/cheaper...and you can point out to yourself why you need it), the consoles not only have basically only one pricepoint, but that pricepoint is almost two times that of US...

If Wii or x360 would have the same price as in US (yes, even +VAT) they would be almost an impulse buy for me (well, if I wouldn't prefer other things atm/had time to play games), definatelly for a lot of people. With the way prices look - not a chance. At least PS2 is in that area/it costs basically the same amount as in US...though the only reason I can see to buy a console is for bouncy-bouncy in DDR (but...there's Stepmania for PC) or in WiiSports (and Wii is out of the question) Or DS for some on the go fun...

BTW, console games have great resale value/low risk when buying used (well, at least it was like that when I was more into them, when consoles weren't really "online"), so the games itself can end up relatively cheap actually.

Comment

Working...
                  X