• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autism/Vaccination doc falsified data

Uh-Oh.....

Link.....

British Doctor Who Launched Vaccine-Autism Scare Falsified Data

Investigative reporting sheds light on what may be a shameless case of medical alarmism

There's plenty to be worried about when it comes to medicine. From toxins, to cancer, and even medicines with unexpectedly nasty side effects, doctors have their hands full dealing with real problems. While some in the medical and scientific community tend to ignore such dangers, sometimes to gain esteem or funding, others gravitate to the opposite extreme of spreading alarmism.

The latter may be the case with Dr. Andrew Wakefield, the British physician who fathered the scare about the possible link between the measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine and autism. According to extensive investigative reporting by Sunday Times of London, a British newspaper, Dr. Wakefield falsified data and lied to make his case in his 1998 Lancet journal paper.

In his paper, Dr. Wakefield claimed that 8 of 12 families of autistic children who attended the clinic at his hospital began to show signs of the illness immediately after getting the "jab" -- the British name for the MMR vaccine. In the paper, he claimed that the measles virus infected the children's bowels, giving them inflammatory bowel disease, which in turn triggered the autism.

However, the Sunday Times of London found a far different story. Investigative reporter Brian Deer, who has been covering the story since its start, found that hospital and other records showed signs that the children were already developing autism before they had received any injection. And while that difference might be attributable to innocent oversight, the newspaper discovered even more shocking allegations.

According to Mr. Deer, the physicians working under Dr. Wakefield were unable to find signs of inflammatory bowel disease in many of the children, but Dr. Wakefield ordered his team to falsify the data to indicate they had. Furthermore, one of the children deemed to have the condition was taken by a parent to three other labs which were unable to find signs of the illness.
    >
    >
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Saw this on the bbc website. Beggars belief.

FFS do they not realise that someday, whatever you hid, it will come out.
    You can't hide sh*t for ever....someones bound to stumble across it, or you'll end up pissing off one of the underdogs after having forgotten why you were so nice to them all these years...

On another note, the "Jab" is just a term for an injection that most of the population will understand.
    It must have something to do with "stab" but with a needle. Hence the 'J'. So British.

online dico :

jab
    Verb
    [jabbing, jabbed]
    to poke sharply
    Noun
    1. a quick short punch
    2. Informal, an injection: a flu jab
    3. a sharp poke [variant of job]
    PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
    Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
    +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by Evildead666 View Post
      On another note, the "Jab" is just a term for an injection that most of the population will understand.
      It must have something to do with "stab" but with a needle. Hence the 'J'. So British.

online dico :

jab
      Verb
      [jabbing, jabbed]
      to poke sharply
      Noun
      1. a quick short punch
      2. Informal, an injection: a flu jab
      3. a sharp poke [variant of job]
      According to Oxford, jab is a 19th c Scottish variant of the Late Middle English, to job, to give a sharp blow (pugilism). In this sense, it is also in Merriam-Webster. The extension to injections is early-to-mid 20th c. My M-W doesn't give this, so it did not seem to cross the Atlantic.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

'jab' as a synonym for an injection has been used here (the US midwest) since I was a kid.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Oh, and here I thought they were saying there was no evidence for MERCURY and autism. Yeah, I never believed that the MMR caused autism. I had all my peculiarities long before I showed any signs of IBD. *snicker*
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X