Hey London....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey London....

How's 'global warming' working out for 'ya?

Link....

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 February 2009, 11:28.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Quite well thank you. Got to make the first half of a snowman with the amount that fell today. Waiting for the next batch tonight to make the rest tomorrow. Ahh, the glory of being self employed and working at home!

How's every other Londoner's day?

J1NG

Comment

What the heck is going on with you guys over there, anyway?

Children banned from snow covered parks by health and safety brigade

Kevin

Comment

Camden Council in North London decided to lock all of its gated parks because the snow has made paths slippery.

It meant that children enjoying a day off because of school closures could not take advantage of the deepest snow for 20 years in at least four popular parks.
        Sorry, but that sounds like the morons over here who took playground carousels out because kids fell off them.

Almost like they're trying to make wimps out of 'em instead of toughening them up
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
          Sorry, but that sounds like the morons over here who took playground carousels out because kids fell off them.
          Carousels!? That's child's play!*

Try Tag

* I couldn't help myself.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

You know my aunts, uncles, father, etc used to be able to see the northern lights from where they grew up in the Ohio Valley Region when they were young. They also used to visit carnivals every winter on the iced covered Ohio River, drive their cars on it even. It also snowed the entire winter and not just for a total of 4-5 days for the entire winter season. My mom and stepfather make fun of global warming a lot too. It's very frustrating for me. We also used to have long islands in between Louisville and southern indiana that people actually lived on but they had to move because some have disappeared all together and the others spend half their time above and half their time below the water.
            Last edited by Lizzard[MPE]; 2 February 2009, 14:46.
            www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I was struck more by the idea you could "close" a park. Do British parks normally have high walls and/or fences and locking gates? Or are they just talking about running a snowblower down the jogging trail?

Kevin

Comment

Parks in London have fences and are usually closed for the night.

Comment

Working...
                X