Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Jr. High school was NEVER like THIS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Jr. High school was NEVER like THIS...

CNN video....
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I would have a serious problem if my daughters school was teaching pole dancing.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I would have a serious problem if my daughters school was teaching pole dancing.
      They weren't really teaching it. It was just a demonstration.

I was born either 10 years too late or 30 years too early to have this much fun in jr. high school. Or high school, for that matter.

Kevin

Comment

In this case, "demonstrating" is akin to 'teaching' IMO.

These children are "demonstraiting" 'pole dancing' AKA STRIPPING.
        They are teaching how to be a slut, and get dollar bills stuffed in your panties.

Something I WILL NOT allow my 15 year old daughter to be taught at her school.

"Pole dancing" s NOT a 1000 year old (or even 100 year old) art.
        This isn't antient cultural dances.
        It's strip club performance, unsuitable for any young teen in modern times. I may as well go pimp my daughter on a street corner.

This clip (and it's attempt to sell a 'sexy' product) is not reflecting a cultural dance, it is teaching and selling sleazy stripper pole dancing as innoculous dance instruction.

To be teaching/demonstraiting stripping is not apprpriate for 12-18 year olds in any form.

The day they teach this kind of thing in my kid's school is the day I start home schooling.
        Last edited by Kruzin; 30 January 2009, 01:23.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Actually, it turns out that pole-dancing is quite a physical workout, involving virtually all mussles and training both strength and endurance. It may be an experiment to see if it would get childeren to exercise more (or have more fun in the gym classes); I don't how the gym classes in your schools went, but in my school they were quite pointless.

But to teach/demonstrate it in schools... I'm not sure where I stand on that one... The clip is indeed more aimed at the sexuality of the dance rather than the physical exercise...

The day they teach this kind of thing in my kid's school is the day I start home schooling.
          You have a pole at home?
          (sorry, it was too good to let it pass uncommented)
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I for one would be in favor of girls getting taught how to work a pole properly.
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The only thing wrong with this is YOUR dirty minds! Why should a vertical pole not be used as an item of gymnastic apparatus? Would you object if the gym were equipped with horizontal bars, instead of vertical? I saw nothing in the clip whatsoever which was provocative, sexual or erotic. If there were anything provocative in the link, it was the fact that CNN obviously appeared to try to make it so in a display of bad journalism.
              Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hold on to your hats; the WPDA (World Pole Dance Assn.) is sponsoriug international competitions.

The European championships were held just a few weeks ago. Besides singles the WPDA also sanctions a synchronized event where several dancers do coordinated routines.

Yes, the comment at the bottom of the quote below is true - there is a move to make pole dancing an Olympic dance sport.

Besides this there are pole dance exercise programs opening up all over the US and Europe with classes for girls as young as 8 (though most classes start at 11) and women up to old age, and from newspaper articles the studios offering them are jam packed. They even sell 'exercise poles' for use at home.

Oprah even did a program or two on it, so it's definitely in the ladies minds

And many studios are offering classes for men.

This is from a Chinese variety program;

Source....

Iffy translation...
                The evening of January 13, China's steel tube dance team co-founder Roland rate recorded in the Guangxi TV station "Spring dance" a variety show, which is China's steel tube local television dancing debut at the Spring Festival Party.

Roland is the founder of China's steel tube fitness dance, the World Pole Dance Association chief representative in China, the World Dance Sport Association of China Vice-Chairman, China's first steel pipe international referees and international dance coach, a mentor of China's first-class international pipe dance master. She said, "I was determined to Pole Dance Fitness The sport developed into a struggle for the Olympics." (Zhong)

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 30 January 2009, 07:35.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
                  If there were anything provocative in the link, it was the fact that CNN obviously appeared to try to make it so in a display of bad journalism.
                  Amen to that...

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                    Hold on to your hats...

I've never heard it called a hat before.
                    Chuck
                    秋音的爸爸

Comment

I will not deny that pole dancing is a good form of exercise.
                      So is yoga and simple calesthetics, which I would not object to.

But please tell me where pole dancing is a form of entertainment besides strip clubs.

Teaching this to teens is teaching them to be strippers.

Not something I want my teen daughter to choose as a career.
                      Last edited by Kruzin; 30 January 2009, 11:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin View Post
                        I will not deny that pole dancing is a good form of exercise.
                        So is yoga and simple calesthetics, which I would not object to.

But please tell me where pole dancing is a form of entertainment besides strip clubs.

Teaching this teens is teaching them to be strippers.

Not something I want my teen daughter to choose as a career.
                        Exactly how I feel about it.
                        A school here who tried to give classes in pole dancing would not be one my daughter attended starting the next day, even if she wasn't in the class.
                        Too big a red flag of poor judgment on the part of the administration.
                        Too much Jonbenet aspect.
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

You know... I see these kind of things and I thank god I have two boys, but I am with Kruzin here because if I had girls I too wouldn't want this so art "art form" to be taught in my kids school either. Well my kids go to Catholic school so i don't think it will be on the curriculum any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Elie View Post
                            Well my kids go to Catholic school so i don't think it will be on the curriculum any time soon.
                            My objection is purely theoretical for exactly the same reason.
                            In fact, it's a convent run school.
                            Plus, I'm on the school board so it just ain't happnin'.
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Wow.

It never ceases to amaze me, how different some of the US. attitudes are from the europeans. It really is a world apart.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Working...
                              X