Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Lara Croft" reboot

Sigh....

Paramount did 2 Tomb Raider movies, one huge and one a bust, with Angelina Jolie starring.

Recently Warner Brothers upped their share of Eidos and the rights to TR came as part of the package.

Sooooo.....now Warner is deep into developing a reboot of the franchise.

This time rumors are that Rhona Mitra will be starring as Lara Croft. Mitra was the original model for Lara in the video games, and more recently has starred in the movies "Doomsday", "Underworld: Rise Of The Lycans", "Skinwalkers" and has been a regular on 'Nip/Tuck".

The reboot is rumored to revamp the character and her mission, bearing little resemblance to the Paramount pictures. It will also re-imagine Lara's origin, her love interest and the main villain.

Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 January 2009, 00:22.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

looks like she was not the boob model for the video came charactor
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

This is her in TR gear;

and this link is to one with more fleshy detail so you can better judge her jugs (NSFW....)
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

. . . .

Saw her in Rise of the Lycans. Absolutely gorgeous.

Comment

Speaking of which...
            what happened to Kate Beckinsale in Rise of the Lycans, she is just as beautiful but they didn't cast her for the thir instalment. I'm not complaining because Rhona Mitra is just as beautiful if not more, just got used to Kate playing Selen.

Comment

Storyline-wise she was not turned if even born yet. Victor spared her from the slaughter of her family due to Selene reminding him of his daughter whom he exposes to sunlight during Rise of the Lycans.

Comment

Is there anything to reboot really?...

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                This is her in TR gear;

and this link is to one with more fleshy detail so you can better judge her jugs (NSFW....)

Ah, yes..."the smaller the outfit, the bigger HP bonus" (and btw, your link with "ultimate HP bonus" gives 404...)

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post
                  (and btw, your link with "ultimate HP bonus" gives 404...)
                  NSFW....
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

i hate when movies change characters like nothings happened

IE: Underworld...Batman....now Tomb Raider... etc etc
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Batman's first change was because Michael Keaton refused to do the third film.

Underworld going to a prequel about the start of the war made sense since at that time Selene was a child, and no amount of makeup is going to make Kate B. look like a child
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE] View Post
                        i hate when movies change characters like nothings happened
                        I understand your point... but;..
                        The fictional characters stay at a certain age, whereas the actors themselves don't...
                        Also, a character in a movie is virtually never timeless (surroundings change, culture changes, ...), so in order to cope with this changing society, the characters themselves also need to evolve...

Jörg
                        pixar
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I was talking about the change from Katie Holmes to Maggie Gyllenhaal in the recent Batman movies. I havent actually seen the latest Underworld so I dont know the story line I just thought that her character was changed.
                          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

From what came out of the shoot rumor mill Katie Holmes hubby made such a pain of himself on the set that she didn't make the cut for DK. That and she got some pretty horrid reviews for her performance.

IMO Maggie Gyllenhaal has more acting cred in her big toe than Mrs. Cruise has in her whole body. See Sherrybaby and Secretary.
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 2 February 2009, 15:18.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
                              From what came out of the shoot rumor mill Katie Holmes hubby made such a pain of himself on the set that she didn't make the cut for DK. That and she got some pretty horrid reviews for her performance.

IMO Maggie Gyllenhaal has more acting cred in her big toe than Mrs. Cruise has in her whole body. See Sherrybaby and Secretary.

I agree with that
                              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X