Sony Spressa USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Spressa USB

Hello I got a sony Spressa USB for HCristmas and I can't seem to do a disk to disk copy.. My promary cd is a DVD drive.. When i use the software that comes with the zony it will start the burn than quit after like 2.5 MB and it goes to initaliazing disk and just freezes.. I can always make an image of the disk onto my HD but I am running out of space as it is.. Any thaughts?
    Thanks,
    Pappy
    rampoaks@bellsouth.net

I take it the Sony Spressa USB is a USB CD-R/CD-RW type device...

I haven't ever played with an external USB burner before so I can only give you suggestions. First, if you are using Adaptec's Easy CD Creator and/or Direct CD, uninstall them and get ride of them. The Easy CD 4 has caused lots of troubles on lots of systems. Many people love it, and have had no troubles, but what you describe is a classic Easy CD/Direct CD problem.

Second, get Nero Burning ROM or GoldenHawk CD-R Win. These are the best burning packages on the market, IMO.

Third, when you are burning from CD to CD, never use maximum speed on the CD/DVD drive. If your CD-R only does 4x writes, then set the CD read speed to 6x or 8x.

Forth, make sure you have the newest updates to your software AND firmware for your CD-R drive.

Besides that I can't think of anything else...

Jammrock

------------------
    PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Gurm,

I bet you search General Hardware for my posts, just so you can reply to them

Easy CD is good, but it has been know to cause troubles. I have used Easy CD 3.5 and 4, but I still like Nero better. And yes Direct CD is a festering piece of garbage.

And you really need to chill about my post, I was making suggestions based on the limited amount of data available. Its hard to troubleshoot with little data

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
      X