I've Had Enough Of Nero !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Had Enough Of Nero !

I'm using Nero just for the sake of Nero Vision which I think is good and quite fast for converting DivX to MPEG-2. TMPGEnc is quite good too but way too slow.

Any sugestions for a good and fast mpeg-2 transcoder ?
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Haven't done any performance tests, but I used to use
    MediaCoder or Super.
    (it has been a while since a transcoded files, and even then I didn't do it frequently enough to care about performance though).

The new version of TMPGEnc supports CUDA, meaning it will use the videocard to speed up transcoding (requires compatible nvidia card). Badaboom also uses CUDA...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks Jörg,

Pity about TMPGEnc I'm on ATI A-I-W. Nero has become too bloated and if I install a later version, Nero Vision has'nt been so good.

Comment

Super is good, but the UI can be confusing.

Biggest gain in rendering speed I've seen came from getting a Core2Quad. With that transcoding with most any multithreading software just flat out flies. MainConcept encoder (their standalone, Ulead s/w, Premiere Pro etc.), DVDShrink, Nero etc. etc. Backup encoding with DVDShrink takes about 15 minutes, tops.

Don't have to go high rent with them either - my wifes system is running an old Q6600 and it rips too - < $190 online.
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 January 2009, 10:38.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Thsnks Doc.

Comment

Working...
          X