• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another stupid criminal trick....

No PhD's in this crew

Link....

Man Outsmarts Carjackers With Text Message

Friday, January 9, 2009 8:26 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio — A man who was carjacked outside a south side restaurant said his friends helped him come up with a plan to outsmart the thieves, 10TV News reported Thursday.

Alan Heuss was sitting in his BMW on Wednesday night with the engine running when a man with a gun approached him, 10TV's Kurt Ludlow reported.

"Some young man came up and opened the passenger door and stuck a gun in my face and told me to get out," Heuss said.

The thieves got away with Heuss' car, cell phone and some cash.

Heuss filed a police report and then met his friends to drown his sorrows, Ludlow reported. One of his friends came up with an idea to contact the thieves.

"He said 'I'm going to text these guys, I'm going to blow some smoke their way,'" Heuss said. "He said. 'I'm going to tell them I've got a bunch of hot chicks, as if I'm texting you, and that we've got some drugs, too.'"

The carjackers took the bait, Ludlow reported.

"Very early in the morning they gave him the address where they were," Heuss said. "They were expecting this hot chick to arrive with drugs, and Columbus police officers arrived instead."

Three men were caught red-handed in the stolen vehicle. Heuss said he expected to get his vehicle out of the impound lot on Friday.

"It's a little seven-hour saga where the good guys won," Heuss said.

Investigators said the carjackers are suspected in a series of car thefts.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hookers and Blow...works every time.

I'm glad the Krewe is in the coup, where they will get stuffed in croupe, beau coup.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

That is awesome and I applaud them!
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Another one -

know the Somali pirates that hijacked the Saudi oil tanker a couple of months ago? Well....the Saudi's gave in and parachuted them their $3 million.

Problem is that when they tried their getaway their boat capsized in high seas and 5 of them drowned, along with their share of the money

Story...

MOGADISHU, Somalia — Five of the Somali pirates who released a hijacked oil-laden Saudi supertanker drowned with their share of a reported $3 million ransom after their small boat capsized, a pirate and port town resident said Saturday.

Pirate Daud Nure says the boat with eight people on board overturned in a storm after dozens of pirates left the Sirius Star following a two-month standoff in the Gulf of Aden that ended Friday.

He said five people died and three people reached shore after swimming for several hours. Daud Nure was not part of the pirate operation but knew those involved.

Jamal Abdulle, a resident of the Somali coastal town of Haradhere, close to where the ship was anchored also confirmed that the boat sank and that the eight's portion of the ransom money that had been shared between dozens of pirates was lost.

U.S. Navy photos showed a parachute, carrying what they described as "an apparent payment," floating toward the tanker. The Sirius Star and its 25-member crew had been held since Nov. 15. Its cargo of crude oil was valued at US$100 million at the time.
        >
        >
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 January 2009, 14:33.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

A man tried to rob a bank, and exchanged hostages for a motorcycle. But the police was prepared for his escape

A man tried to rob a bank, and exchanged hostages for a motorcycle. But the police was prepared for his escape.Free 2GB Dropbox account: http://bit.ly/9f0qLX
          "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
          X