• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This monster should go right into the woodchipper

If Michigan had a death penalty I'd volunteer to do the deed

Detroit Free Press article....

Police: Brother stabbed, sexually assaulted sister

He is arraigned in Highland Township slaying

Steven Kelsey told investigators he stabbed his sister, Jesika, then had sex with her as she lay dying, according to testimony Saturday at Kelsey's arraignment on murder charges.

His mother, Jennifer Spencer, wept as a police investigator relayed the details of her 17-year-old daughter's death in Highland Township in the early hours of New Year's Day.

Spencer's voice shook as she whispered to a reporter about her slain daughter, "Just spell her name right, please."

She and her husband left quickly as the hearing ended.

Steven Kelsey, 19, stood mute at his arraignment on charges of first-degree and felony murder. He faces life in prison without parole if convicted on either charge.

Jesika died early Thursday morning, following a New Year's Eve party at her mother's and stepfather's Highland Township home, said Oakland County Sheriff's Detective Lt. James A'Hearn. Steven Kelsey was home on Christmas leave from the U.S. Army and temporarily sharing a room with his sister.

About 1:30 a.m., he went into their bedroom, investigators said. "I got a knife, and I killed her," A'Hearn said Kelsey told investigators.

He stabbed her in the throat and, because she was in pain, stabbed her in the head, A'Hearn said. He added that Kelsey told investigators he believed his sister was alive while he sexually assaulted her.

Her mother, thinking Jesika was sleeping in after the late party, found her daughter's nearly nude body and a bloody knife in her bed on Thursday afternoon. Steven Kelsey was nowhere to be found.

Livingston County Sheriff's deputies reported that a camouflage backpack with Kelsey's ID was found in a Dumpster behind a Wendy's restaurant. He was later arrested in a Fenton party store. A'Hearn said that a motive for the slaying remains unclear.

Bond was denied, and Kelsey remains in custody. His preliminary exam is scheduled for Wednesday in Novi.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps
Working...
X