Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit's best burgers

Free Press slideshow....

If you're going to be in town check out some of these places for a great meal at a low price.

If you're not then check 'em out anyhow to work up some hunger

Example reviews;

Howell's Bar, Dearborn

We were dubious about the raves we heard from readers like Steve Webber, who called it "hands down the best burger in the metro area." But this Cheers-like neighborhood joint in west Dearborn, established in 1941, is a real find. Howell's luscious half-pound hand-patted burgers are second to none, especially when grill man Jimmy Lessnau is on duty. He cooks 'em slowly, and they turn out so juicy you need extra napkins. With or without grilled onions and cheese, they're delicious. (Fries don't count in our best-burgers roundup, but we loved these dark-fried, hand-cut beauties.) Place your order at the bar. Prices are amazing. Hamburger, $3.75.
    Vinsetta Grill, Royal Oak

Vinsetta's Build Your Own Burger checklist lets you choose your burger size -- up to a pound -- and then top it with ingredients most of us have never thought of. Choose from 10 cheeses; 20 regular but interesting toppings; 11 premium toppings (from fried egg to Chablis mushrooms) and 18 sauces, including spicy sour cream, onion marmalade and peanut sauce. And the kitchen makes your creation look great, no matter how over the top you've topped it. Base prices include one cheese, four regular toppings and one sauce; additional charges for extra items. Hamburger (one-third pound): $7.99.
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 31 December 2008, 22:32.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid View Post
    If you're not then check 'em out anyhow to work up some hunger
    I hate you, Doc... so hungry now...
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

That was EVIL. I didn't think I'd be affected, SHIT.
      "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
      X