Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capturing video with vivo ati x850 agp problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing video with vivo ati x850 agp problem...

Hi guys, been trying to capture an NTSC video via an NTSC playback Pal VCR on the x850, but the brightness is way off during certain moments of the capture. Tried to manually set the levels, but what works for 30 seconds of one scene doesnt work with the rest of the 5 minute scene. Anyone have a clue how to fix this issue? Thanks.

J1NG

if the brightness keeps flickering it sounds like macrovision, though I don't know how you get around that on ati hardware, their might be some driver tweak somewhere.

Comment

I'm not sure you can. A NTSC video played on a PAL player gives a signal that is neither PAL nor NTSC but a compromise, but MacroV won't help, either.
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis View Post
        I'm not sure you can. A NTSC video played on a PAL player gives a signal that is neither PAL nor NTSC but a compromise, but MacroV won't help, either.
        Well, I know that my matrox g200 pci can handle it, got it going with that actually. But having audio sync problems there. So wanted to try my x850 agp and encounterd this prob. If no one has any further ideas for the ati, anyone have a clue to the audio sync probs on the matrox? I'm sure its to do with the signal format and fps, but cant remember which capture settings to use with virtualdub as its been a while. Pal at 30fps? Ntsc at 25fps? Other?

Cant believe my 10 year old graphics card is doing better than my 3 year old card, and being migrated to the new Intel system too.

J1NG

Comment

Working...
        X