X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did Santa bring you?

Top pressies?

Guitar Hero World Tour (on Wii) for the whole family

For me, a digital tyre-inflator with auto-cut off at the desired pressure. My life is now complete
    FT.

Unfortunately, the death of a good friend, on Christmas Eve.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

So sorry to hear that Brian
      FT.

Comment

Sorry for your friend Brian......

Well, my brother from the UK brought me a Remote controlled battery helicopter that i've been crashing around the lounge...and my other brother got me a 16Gb USB stick, and a 8Gb microSD card....

My Ma got a DSLite and a RS4(?) card with a 2Gb microSD.
        She wanted one for Brain Training ( and she beat me on the brain age thing...lol)
        PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
        Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
        +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend Brian.

Box set of Janis Joplin including live concert performances

A bunch of 16g SDHC's

A limited edition re-print of a poster for 1960's "Little Shop of Horrors" (#60 o 250)

Various hand woodworking tools (always a hit)

A mortising machine

A computerized woodcarving machine (think: CNC for wood/plastic up to 12" wide)
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Brian.

Due to practical considerations, we are coming together on January. Dunno what I'll get, but we give small presents (books, dvds, cds, ...).

While shopping for my brother's present (most recent Largo Winch comic in French), I saw a beautiful Tintin statue (Tintin and Snowy sitting in a shark-shaped submarine). Today, I went back to that store and bought it. Still feeling very happy about it!

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

sorry to hear about your friend Brian

I got nothing, the kids however got a tons of stuff.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friend, Brian. I lost a dear friend under sad circumstances just before thanksgiving, two years almost to the day after his mother died.

I got new binoculars, a new desk lamp/magnifier, a Helping Hands workbench part holder/magnifier, and socks.

Kevin

Comment

Sorry to hear of your loss Brian.

From Becky: A USB digital TV tuner and a fast 16gig thumb drive for my key chain.

From ChooChoo: Blue flannel PJ bottoms with dalmatians print, a 2009 World Wildlife Fund calendar with pictures of wolfs, and a toothbrush.
                  Apparently she spent a long time choosing exactly the right tooth brush. I hope she wasn't trying to tell me something
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Sorry for those who have little to celebrate.

What did Santa bring me ? A rocking chair, of all things.

Comment

Like Brian - Sorry for your loss! - the most important thing happening on christmas eve was nothing cheerful: My mother needed emergency surgery. Fortunately, she is relatively well now and might even be home for new year's.

Apart from that, I did get great gifts:

A Sigma 10-20 mm lens, a Gorillapod Focus and some smaller stuff.
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Fax machine, long sleeve shirts, a pair of pants, $50 best buy card, pictures of cousin's kids, a Weird Al DVD, . . . . . . . . . and a few days later right before a job interview I started throwing up due to the flu.

Comment

Working...
                        X