Win2k No go Hardware List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k No go Hardware List

Hey lets start a list on this post. Post all of the hardware that you have had problems with win2k and any fixes you found or figured out. I would think It would help everyone out

<A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    </A>

ATI TV Wonder (autodetected as multimedia device and multimedia video device) but no drivers

AverMedia TV98 (drivers install but no working program yet)

IDE Zip 100 (detected but doesn't read disks)

Creative Labs Modem Blaster Flash (just set it to non plug and play and use it as an unknown modem)
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Belkin OmniCube 4-Port KVM Switch and last year's model of the Microsoft Natural Keyboard, along with the G400. Keyboard errors galore and occasional lockups when switching. I had these problems with RC2, by the way. I don't know what's up with Build 2195, as I replaced both the card and the keyboard.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

[This message has been edited by paulcs (edited 17 January 2000).]

Comment

Im thinking its the Promise fasttrack "not 66" but I havent gotten rc2 or beta3 to even load .....I joined the preview for 83 buks should I be able to download the last build ??
        Matt

------------------
        Abit BF6, P3 450 AT 620, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

You already have Win2k RTM, Gurm? How the hell did you get it so quick?

Jammrock

------------------
          PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

The Microsoft keyboard worked with RC2 as well. It was the G400/Belkin *4-Port* Switch/G400/RC2 combination that gave me problems.

I'm still having very minor keyboard issues with the switch, a non-Microsoft Keyboard, and a TNT2 using Build 2195. (The Num Lock light engages when the function is off. This is petty compared to what was happening before.)

As stated before, I'm using the "final" build, used RC2 until very recently, and I have copies of Beta 3. They are all legal. Let's face it, any chimp with a credit card could join Microsoft's CPP and get perfectly legal copies.

Heck, they even send you versions you didn't ask for. CPP members were offered the 120 day evalution version of Build 2195 "free" ($14.95 shipping & handling in my case).

My version of the Beta was not pirated. Period. There are other people on this forum who belong to the CPP, and their versions are not pirated. And nobody like being called a thief.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Gurm, the ATI TV Wonder is NOT a video card, it is a pure TV tuner and capture card. Parallel port zip is what I was talking. Read well before generalizing. Have YOU tested the ATI TV Wonder and the AverMedia TV98. AverMedia has only beta drivers for it and no TV tuner software that works. And it really doesn't matter whether the OS is pirated as long as it is what is going to be shipped

And I ain't afraid of your primitive "Boomstick" either
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2

Comment

Yea that Being called a thief thing kinda sucks but so does having a question Ignored in favor of an insult..Kinda Ya Know....Sucks.
                Gurm Is a pretty helpfull guy around here, and not, That Ive seen, Rude ,so I guess "slip of the tongue" type of thing..
                I pose my Question again,Should Us LEGITIMATE users be able to download the final build?? They sent me rc2 without a request,Ya think they are gonna send out the final as well ??There were a couple passwords and ids with the first beta they sent but that was a while ago..lost In the clutter I becha..Oh well ,anyway Thanks.......Matt
                By the way Gurm Is that a Terry Pratchett quote I love that Guy.. :~)

------------------
                Abit BF6, P3 450 AT 620, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

[This message has been edited by Plmr (edited 17 January 2000).]
                Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Hey Gurm, is Microsoft offering the non-time bomb version to CPP clients next week. The seem to email me about every little thing they do, but I found out about the evaluation version upgrade from a non-Microsoft source (here I think). Do you have a link?

Paul
                  paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

MSDN Subscribers will be able to download Win2K non-time bombed on January 20th... OEM's like Gateway, Dell, and others will be selling systems with W2K pre-loaded shortly thereafter, almost a month before the Official Non-OEM release....

Guyver
                    Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                    - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                    - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                    - 6.1 Digital Audio
                    - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                    - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                    - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                    - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                    - LS120 IDE Floppy
                    - Zip 100 IDE
                    - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                    - NEC FE950
                    - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

to Gurm:
                      Quote: "1. Anyone who was a legal tester or CPP member could already have their hands on 2195, either evaluation or (in another week) non-eval."

This is not correct. As a beta tester, you could download the 120-day-test after RTM, around 16. December.
                      As CPP in NORTH AMERICA, you could get final evaluation, shipped on CD around 1. January. Most CPP-customers in other countries will never get this offer, atleast not before they can buy it in stores.

As a MSDN-subscriber, you could download the test from 11. January, and the non-test-version should be awailable soon, but only for MSDN-customers.

For (most) beta and CPP-customers the full version will not be awailable before they goes out and buys it, around 17. February. You could get it before, but when as part as a new computer.

As a side note, "it's your machine. It's not Win2k, and it's not Matrox's beta drivers."
                      How many dual systems have you tested? What mainboards/bios works with no problems with G200/G400 and the beta-007 drivers? Please tell us with our bad hardware that we should go out and buy.

Comment

I get the Microsoft Insider. They've sent me links to the Microsoft Store to preorder, but that's about it.

Does anyone know if there will be a rational way of defusing the timebomb version of Build 2195 without reinstalling the whole thing? (I'll probably just pickup the CD version locally.)

Paul
                        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

According to the specs from the MSDN site, you will be able to install the non-dated version over the top of the time-bombed version to make it non-timed.... That's what MSDN said anyway...

Here's a copy from the MSDN Subscriber Download page...

Windows 2000 Evaluation Edition is now available from MSDN
                          We heard your requests for the evaluation version of Windows 2000, and we are making it available to you before the public release. You can download this fully-functioning version of Windows 2000 to test your software now. Then, on January 20th, you can upgrade to the full retail version of Windows 2000. This evaluation version can be installed for 120 days before it expires.
                          Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 Platform Preview is now available exclusively from MSDN.
                          This release of Microsoft® Internet Explorer 5.5 is primarily focused on stability improvements, solving top customer support issues, and other issues related to the next release of Microsoft Windows® 98. Please note that there are no dramatic changes in the Internet Explorer feature set or user interface. Microsoft encourages you to test this version on existing versions of Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows NT®. Although Windows® 2000 is a vitally important platform for Internet Explorer, at this time, Internet Explorer 5.5 does not install onto beta versions of Windows 2000. Be sure to see the ie.txt for known issues, support.txt for newsgroup support, and go to http://131.107.85.110/msdn/bugreports/ to report issues that you'd like to let us know about.
                          Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
                          - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
                          - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
                          - 6.1 Digital Audio
                          - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
                          - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
                          - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
                          - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
                          - LS120 IDE Floppy
                          - Zip 100 IDE
                          - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
                          - NEC FE950
                          - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Basically just wanted to show that the comments weren't all accurate. Damn ATI says they won't come out with any TV card drivers/program until after win2k ships grrrr. AverMedia is not really my problem (in my old machine at my brother's and he rarely boots to win2k)CL modem is not here anymore (moved, have only one phone line, can't shotgun them again, so why have 2 modems + phonlines in this area suck 28.8 on a very good day arrrrghhh) This machine that I'm using works fine with win2k. The other machine needs some good memory and a large HD to become useful. It can only do Linux now without behaving really badly and it is because of the crappy memory. Yeah Gurm is generally helpful and knowledgeable but also human. Now hopefully soon (within a month) I should be able to get that memory, HD, and a bloody G400 of some sort. Used the marvel when I was setting up an Athlon 600 for a client and droooool. Not to mention that the first game of UT I played on it I went on a rampage I was moving so fast. Also GURM I agree with the 2195 build part. What works on pre-release versions matters not a whit
                            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if Microsoft gave their CPP participants a little break on the cost of the retail version? Given that I've already spent a fair bit of money joining up, not to mention sales tax, shipping, and then another $15.00 for shipping and handling the evaluation version, my little adventure with NT5 and dual processing has gotten expensive.

I can dream ...

Paul
                              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
                              X