Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest opinion on G400 DVD to TV output

G,day

I have a G400 DH and would like to output DVD (10X Pioneer) to my TV. I have tried the clone and desktop output to TV and was very impressed, but would like to know how the DVD quality is using the G400 only (i.e. without a seperate decoder card). I realise the output depends on my system so my spec are as follows :

P2-450
    196 Meg ram
    Aopen AX6B MB
    G400 32M DH
    Pioneer 10X DVD
    MX300 sound

Is the quality acceptable or do you really need a seperate decoder card like the Hollywood Plus ?

Cheers

Richard

i find the dvd max output to be fantastic, much better than the tv out on previous ati rage fury.

Comment

I haven't seen a hollywood in action, but I know the DVDMax output on my machine is exceptional. Not a single complaint here.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yup. G400 DH/MAX DVD TV-output is amazingly good. No complaints here either.
        P60-120Thz, 256Tb ram, 27.5Pb 225000 RPM HD, 142" .001 dot pitch monitor @ 30720x23040x64, Matrox G24000 w/512Gb, SB UltraLive2, DX120 beta, Win2112 SP4. Hey -- beta testers have their advantages...

Comment

The DVDMax looks very good. It is depressing to see how much overscan adjustment my TV could use when you see the whole picture on the monitor and a clipped version on the TV.

I think that I have a little bit of interference, though. I can occasionally see some streak/wavy lines at a 60 degree angle across the screen. I'm not too sure what is causing that. I've tried swapping out power supplies and that did not help. I'm using a good S-video connector directly to the TV.

Comment

DVD output to the TV is excellent. Picture quality is as good as any DVD player i've seen.

xippo

Comment

no complaints here-once i got rid of that damn macrovision garbage!

------------------
              IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!
              IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!

Comment

> no complaints here-once i got rid of that damn macrovision garbage!

How did you manage to do that?

Comment

I'm also pleased with the userfriendlyness and quality of the TV-out of the g400.
                  However, I'm noticing one artifact, not a real big problem but it's there and I'm not the only one experiencing it. I believe it has nothing to do with the g400's tv-out, but with software dvdplayers or dvd in general. I posted this problem on desktop video http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002832.html

Comment

i got this black box that i bought a few years ago to copy movies-for myself,it is known as a digital video stabilizer.works like a charm!

------------------
                    IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!
                    IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!

Comment

Working...
                    X