SB Live x-gamerand Techincs SA-DX930 receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB Live x-gamerand Techincs SA-DX930 receiver

Hi, I have part of my home theater, and finally I want to connect my PC to my new receiver Technics SA-DX930. I have SB live X-gamer with spdif out (mini jack). How possibly can I do connection?? As a computer speakers I'm using Creative' FPS2000 digital using two mini jacks (front and rear). Is there any way to connect that card to receiver and just switch speakers from creative' to receivers’?
    Asus p3b-f p3 600E 512mb ram pc100 G400 sh 16mb sb live x-gamer ibm hd 20gb 7200rpm ide 3com 56.6 modem 3com 905b nic asus 50x plextor 4832 cdrw ide viewsonic gt775 hp dj720 hp sj 4100c Win 2000 pro

For an analog connection you would need something with 2 RCA male plugs on one end and a headphone mini [plug on the other to connect from audio out 1 of the Live! to one of the analog inputs on the (Excellent) SADX930.
    Of course the SADX930 can accept digital input via coaxial cable (use high quality cable). I'm unsure as to whether the spdif out is in a format that can be used by the receiver though. If you had the Platinum then cabling would be easier as it comes with the Live! Drive which has standard RCA jacks for spdif in/out
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I tried that connection. I mean mini jack to 2 RCA. However, I did it thru spdif and got nothing. I also tried output from front channel and nothing (cable is fine). Still got nothing. How about my existing computer speakers, they are fine I want to use them only for games (very rare), but mostly I care about mp3s (about 2000) and I want to listen them on the receiver. How? If you do have Technics 930, tell me exactly how did you make connection, what cable you used or so, or maybe I should wait for creative live drive so it can make it easier for me, any idea what will be the price for it, I only need out for receiver, I don't care about rest connectors.
      Asus p3b-f p3 600E 512mb ram pc100 G400 sh 16mb sb live x-gamer ibm hd 20gb 7200rpm ide 3com 56.6 modem 3com 905b nic asus 50x plextor 4832 cdrw ide viewsonic gt775 hp dj720 hp sj 4100c Win 2000 pro

Comment

I've heard there's problems with the new live value's with digital out. The spdif on these is different from those on the original live, and the new platinum. Someone said you could get a digital i/o daughtercard, but I haven't seen them for sale in north america. It is available on the europe website here
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

I don't know if your receiver has coaxial inputs using the sony/philips digital interface, I think so. You shouldn't have any problems connecting it on your sblive.
          some pointers: for more read http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000948.html

* use a normal 3,5mm jack to 2 male cinch cable from your sblive digital out to your receiver's coaxial in, I think you only need the left one.
          * use liveware 3.0 mixer red plus-sign enable: digital output only.
          et voila you should get dolby digital from dvd and via surroundmixer live surround you'll get pc 3d audio in dolby pro-logic surround. With my setup it worked right away.
          Hope this helps enough..

Comment

Working...
          X