Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouthwatering or crap?

Extreme or what?

Btw, what do we need with 40.9 Gb ??? Hahahaha, someone will remember this in a year orso when we think our 55.6 Gb drives are too small

Jorden.
    Jordâ„¢

Jorden,

I know people with 30 GB of MP3's alone! Now throw in some large install games and a whole lot of videos and your 40 GB goes bye bye!

Jammrock

------------------
    PIII 450@504, 256 MB RAM, 35 GB total w/ WD Experts, Abit UDMA 66 controller, CL 6x DVD, PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW (my newest toy), G400 32 MB DH, SB Live! w/ Digital I/O, LinkSys Etherfast 10/100, DSI 56k modem, Addtronics 6896A Case w/ a crap load of fans and Dynmat noise dampening, MAG DX715T monitor.

Hi, my name is Jammrock. I'm a computer phreak and an EverCrack addict.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yep, I'd have that much music if I could fit it on there, but right now I only have 6Gb. And since I own 150+ CD's, I could take up a lot more space.

But if I had 40Gb right now, there'd be lots of partitions and a few more operating systems on here.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I'm still trying to determine how long it would take to record all 400+ CD's of mine using 3 CDROMS simulatenously.... Too long in my opinion....

I've only done about 19 CD's so far and have used up over 771MB on 250 Songs... I am currently using RealAudio's Jukebox Plus format @ 96Khz to record my music.

Guyver
        Gaming Rig.

- Gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro
        - AMD Athlon 3200+ XP
        - 1.5GB Dual Channel DDR 433Mhz SDRAM
        - 6.1 Digital Audio
        - Gigabit Lan (Linksys 1032)
        - 4 x 120GB SATA Drives, RAID 0+1 (Striped/Mirrored)
        - Sony DRU-500A DVD/+/-/R/RW
        - Creative 8x DVD-ROM
        - LS120 IDE Floppy
        - Zip 100 IDE
        - PNY Ultra 5900 (256MB)
        - NEC FE950
        - DTT2500 Cambridge Soundworks

Comment

Jorden, Large drives on client systems are targeted towards video content for one thing. Can't wait to throw out the VCR and switch over to PC-VCR. Tired of tape munching, cleaning, and maintenance costs on those mechanical dinosaurs (I record 4+ hours on a daily basis). My goal is to record HDTV onto my PC storage and big, fast drives will be needed.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Okay, so it's a good thing to store your music and movies on. Until that one day that the pc says that it can't find the hdd, and then what?

(I just lost more than 500 Mb of music on my 9.1Gb when it took a crash into wonderland...)

Jorden.
            Jordâ„¢

Comment

That's what CD-R's are for.

Also, games and applications are bloating a lot recently. Office is 100-200MB, I've had games go to 250-500MB. Agreed, the 40GB drive is definitely buying with the future (or video archiving) in mind.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I wasn't suggesti
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

What happened to my response? It got chopped off last night and still is missing today. Wierdness.
                  Well, basically what I said is the hard disk is only for temporary storage and you dump the video to some removable media. I'd initially be using Digital 8mm and will use DVDs if and when the burners and media get reasonably priced.

Comment

Im startin to transfer all my old LPs to mp3,
                    You dont really notice how fast it eats the space...I have 56 gigs and now I know why..
                    Matt

------------------
                    Abit BF6, P3 450 AT 620, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Abit BF6, P3 secc 700E AT 1001,alpha cooler,256 megs Micron 7.5ns pc133 ram, G400 32meg Dh ,Promise fasttrack striping 2 Quantum ka 18gig's + 2 10gig IBM's ,Sb-live platinum ,Cambridge Fps2000 speakers ,Onstream 30gig tape ,Sony cdrw ,toshiba dvd, Lotsa fans,cables ,noise....

Comment

Beginning of last year:
                      Me- "Yep, 10.1 gigs ought to be enough."

Middle of last year:
                      Me- "Hmm, I better buy this 9.1 gig HD for video editing"

This year:
                      Me- "Damn I need another HD"

Alas, I'm out of mula because I stopped working to focus on school more, at least that is what my parents think =P
                      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
                      X